Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anarchy Online Now Free...  (Read 2346 times)

Description:

Offline blobranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
Re: Anarchy Online Now Free...
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 14, 2005, 01:13:52 AM »
Hum,
Get addicted to quake3d instead....

I`m working on some groovy dance moves -  that`ll impress the guy`s on the demonUK servers..

[color=ff00ff](BTW last day to download for free...)[/color]

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 01:15:26 AM »
@ Odin

That's what I almost did, because the beginning island was so crap. Just before I wanted to delete it, I went to the other land just to see if the scenery was better and when I got there a dude asked if I wanted to go kill something in the subway. I thought what the hell, this is my last game, might as well. And that is when things changed remarkably, because the enemies were dropping nice stuff, there was the ability to buy and trade things and also use implants and programs...

Sigh..if only I had not left the island...

Offline X-ray

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 01:22:48 AM »
@ Blobzie

Is there a trial version of Quake3D? I only ask because I don't have a good spec PC in terms of games and I get a lot of lag already with Anarchy. I suspect it will be worse with Quake.
Spec: 1,7 gHz Athlon, Geforce 4 128mb GFX. The only good thing is the mobo RAM: 2gb.

Edit: do you have a character on AO called Silentsheep? Because someone by that name was using 'hum' alot, especially when answering my silly questions.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 01:28:49 AM »

X-ray wrote:
@ Odin
That's what I almost did, because the beginning island was so crap. Just before I wanted to delete it, I went to the other land just to see if the scenery was better and when I got there a dude asked if I wanted to go kill something in the subway. I thought what the hell, this is my last game, might as well. And that is when things changed remarkably, because the enemies were dropping nice stuff, there was the ability to buy and trade things and also use implants and programs...
Sigh..if only I had not left the island...

Hmmm...you might be tempting me to give this game another try....

Regarding Q3, you might want to give Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory a try. It's a free (as in beer) multiplayer shootem up based on the Q3 engine.

Offline blobranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 03:09:15 AM »
@X-ray
lol,

uake is only 5 uk pounds!
i remember playing on a P2 400mhz with geforce mx440 and `owning` the competition, and that was with a ping of 80-140 on a 56k.

But things are different now with broadband players playing with pings of 40 or less... ;(

Hum, BTW, should be pronounced in a  `spaghetti western style` (er, like `gringo`) and usually gruffed when you just got `fragged`...

OR you may use it in a `Spock – fascinating – tone, when you do something unexpected or humorous…

(and , no , that wasn`t  me - just a (ex)quake player)

Offline X-ray

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 12:18:46 PM »
 :lol:

You could write a book on all the different hums. I'll add a few for your collection:

1) "The Clouseau." This one is pronounced more like 'erm' and would be an appropriate manner to signal to a lady dining partner that she has a morsel of caviar on her lower lip.

2) "The American Beauty." This one is for young ladies who pretend they know a lot but actually don't. The 'hum' would be very soft, and delicate, and pronounced just like 'honey' while the girl in question flutters her eyelids in apparent acknowledgement of this denouement..."Hum, this is my first time"

3) "The Fez." This one is reserved for a portly Turkish fabric trader. He ushers you over to a roll of tulip and hyacinth weave, takes your hand in his and brushes it against the fabric. Then with a yellow grin and a slight nod he seeks the mutual appreciation of this fabric with an inquisitive 'hum?'

4) "The Gavel." This one is only found in a high court, when the defendant has taken the stand. Clearly, he is struggling to keep ahead of the verbal traps the prosecutor is setting for him, and this is made evident by the excessive use of 'hum' while he collects his thoughts. This one is done in a monotone, and is almost like 'mmmm'. As the witness fidgets nervously in the dock he might say "I got home, hum, it must have been about, hum, midnight. Yes, it was very dark and I....hum...um...didn't have my keys..."

5) "The Predator." You'll find this one being used wherever young men work in the presence of attractive ladies. It usually involves two young men and one lady. The men will be casually conversing (often leaning against a wall in the corridor) when a stunning woman will walk past and both mens' eyes will automatically be drawn to her fantastic bottom. Now timing is critical here, and only one of the men is allowed to do the 'predator.' It is usually a subconscious decision that the alpha-male will be the one who is allowed to do it. He usually elbows his friend and then makes a predatory 'hum,' often accompanied by licking of the lips as if he has just seen a tasty meal. The 'hum' is more like a growl, and is often pronounced 'yum.' Some people take it a bit too far and add an exaggerated biting action of the jaw, like a hyena snapping at the haunches of a fawn.