Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Since this site is pretty much stagnate  (Read 5002 times)

Description:

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show all replies
Re: Since this site is pretty much stagnate
« on: June 13, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »
is there another Amiga site that is more active and functional??

Thanks
Rich.

English Amiga Board was, and is, more active

Except it shouldn't be. AO used to have just as much traffic as EAB before the "great migration". Where the h3ll did everybody go anyway? Disgracebook? It's quite depressing actually.  :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 06:42:16 PM by giZmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

The following users thanked this post: Vlabguy1

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show all replies
Re: Since this site is pretty much stagnate
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »
I'm still too busy working.  Since my company got bought out late last summer the new owners have been stringing me along.  Most recently I was fired, along with a big group of my favorite co-workers, on 5/23.  Then they actually had the nerve to say to me in the meeting "Mike, we'd like to talk to you after."  They had my severance package in one hand and a retention bonus in the other, if I agreed to stick around for a little more of the transition.  Since I am a goddamned genius and built all of the technology in this business myself.  Like a sucker I took the retention, when I could out hiking the Appalachian Trail.  #sigh  Can you tell I'm a little bit bitter, still?  :D

Great seeing you post up Mike! So, do you have an appx date for transition completion? Sorry to hear they're just running you ragged. Hope you can get a better job soon where you have some time to actually enjoy your newly married life! Pro Tip: Take some time off between jobs!  ;)

Of course this is Northern Virginia.  We have Amazon coming here, along with even worse traffic congestion.  I can't turn around and not trip over at least 80 new notifications on Indeed that "your resume matches such and such position".  Employers are snapping up everyone with even a modicum of IT skills.  So not worried about finding new work, just wish I could retire... or spend more time with my new wife, or with my Amiga's, LOL.  ;)

Not trying to rub it in, but retirement is great (except working on the house everyday getting it ready to sell is going to take years off my life).

I did fire up my main A2000 today, it's turned on next to me.  I've been doing some updates and maintenance.  I turn it on so rarely now, I'm always worried that one day I'll go to turn it on and the CF card will have crapped out, or something.  Right now I'm trying to remember how to make a backup of that, LOL.  Change is hard, this new website site design still sucks, and "Disgracebook" --- I gotta remember that term!  Maybe someday I'll have time to come back to this site 15 times a day, like I used to.  :'(  Cheers, everyone!

Really hope to see you back mega-posting someday soon!

If you don't have a b/u, this method works great. I have tested the backup and restore and it just works - and is fairly easy.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=673448&postcount=2

There's always this method too...

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67293

BTW, thanks much for this link!
http://aminet.net/package/util/sys/VersionWB
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:54:43 PM by giZmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!