Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

GR10 KEW Gyrojet Pistol
GR10 KEW Gyrojet Pistol
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Hades Prime GR10 KEW (Kinetic Energy Weapon) Gyrojet Pistol.

Carries 10 rounds in the clip and one in the pipe, firing 10mm electromagnetic rockets. It comes with an integrated S.M.A.R.T.S (Synaptic Motorized Acquisition Retinal Targeting System) Module (in the front, glowing red) and has a signature grip using Gel-Tac (tm) Technology (green and yellow lights near trigger). Should anyone attempt to use the weapon that's not its owner, the gun will emit an electrical discharge through the pistol grip.

A pair of these are Tian's primary weapons.

Modeled entirely in Maya, though I need to do some tweaks to the pistol grip in ZBrush and add texture.

Hades Prime and GR10 are registered trademarks of Dark Phoenix Studios. (c)2009
Picture Stats:
Views: 735
Filesize: 95.02kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Methuselas at May 26, 2009, 04:48:48 AM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (6)

Methuselas
October 27, 2009, 11:44:35 AM
EMP???

European Man Pussy??!?? :roflmao:
mr_a500
May 28, 2009, 11:19:59 AM
So....you're saying this gun won't be ready for at least half a century? I don't think I can wait that long. (and I remember reading about railguns back at the beginning of Regan's Star Wars programme)

No, I need something now - something that can take out the cars with thumping deep bass driving past my house. (metal exoskeleton with living tissue inside)

What have you got in a portable EMP?
Methuselas
May 28, 2009, 03:52:07 AM
@Karlos,

It's based off a gyrojet pistol, but in acutallity, it's a KEW (Kinetic Energy Weapon), which relies on kinetic energy to penetrate a target, rather than explosives. The head of the rocket, however, contains an explosive warhead for "tissue damage".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

It's a semi-automatic rocket pistol, which electromagnetically charges small caliber rockets using a gas and magnetic coil, just above the pistol grip. The rocket is magnetized before entering the barrel and using a rail system, muzzle velocity is higher than most tank guns, easily breakng the sound barrier (it has a muzzle velocity of roughly 1800 m/s) and you can hear the "cracking" sound when fired. The rocket's primer is ignited almost immediately and the electromagnetic rails produce extreme amounts of heat waste, hence the heat ventricles on the sides of the barrel. The rocket's small, chemical engine is used for course correction and stabilization.

The rocket, itself, is an armor-piercing, fin-stabilized discarding-sabot tungsten-round (APFSDS) and could punch through a tank, though at such a small caliber (10mm), it's designed for anti-personnel, meaning it would shred most medium and heavy body armor, Mobile Exoskeletal Combat Harnesses (M.E.C.H.s), as well as LAVs (Light Armored Vehicles).

Theoretically, this gun would have little, to no recoil and incredible stopping power against infantry.

Theoretically.....

Sadly, most rail systems are extremely large and the current military versions aren't set for release until 2020-2025. Of course, my story's timeline is 2071...... :lol:

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Tian is my avatar on here. :)

Here's the original design I did:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...jet-Pistol.jpg
Karlos
May 27, 2009, 11:12:45 PM
Hey, only what you see, buddy...
mr_a500
May 27, 2009, 06:27:17 PM
I'd like to buy one of these... and also a phased plasma rifle in the 40 megawatt range.
Karlos
May 27, 2009, 07:50:45 AM
So, what are we looking at here? Magnetic / rail powered projectiles? Something about the underlying pistol looks rather familiar actually.

Somebody should model the ESA G66 Armoured Division gaussgun from Night's Dawn :)