Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Personal Paint (PPaint) 7.3c Released  (Read 6245 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

Personal Paint (PPaint) 7.3c Released
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:05:48 PM »
A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce a new version of PPaint 7.3c for Classic OS3 and OS4.

New users: you can purchase Personal Paint download from the official PPaint.com website or AMIStore App Store.  The boxed edition can be purchased directly from Amiga Kit Amiga Store.

Existing users:  The update is free download for registered users of version 7.3 from Updater tool or Amisphere.com website.

Changes for this new version against 7.3b:

Feature additions:

* Add polygon mode to grab brush tool.

* Update Itialian translation (contributed Luca Longone)

Bug fixes:

* Fix long filename support.

* Fix buffer overflows in brush scaling.

* Fix buffer overflows in brush shearing.

* Extend internal brush structure to include shear status values so that when shearing brush twice in a row is starts from the current sheared state and not the original brush state.

* Fix incorrect calculation of visible files in builtin requester resulting in
an occasional corrupt looking filename at end of file list.
(personal_req.library 1.11)

* Fix (work around) extra spacing in thin gadget mode that left areas of uncleared disabled hatching when certain gadgets were enabled (button and tickbox). personal_req.library 1.12

* Fix single pixel brush "sticking" in MATTE mode after using a custom brush.

* Fix positioning of flood / fill  pointer hot spot.

We would like to thank Amiga Developer team member, Andy Broad for his hard work on this update.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: Wilse

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: Personal Paint (PPaint) 7.3c Released
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:23:26 PM »
Are the animation features on par with Deluxe Paint V or Brilliance 2 yet? Lightbox? Compatible output for use with AnimWebConverter?

Bug fixes are great but it still doesn't seem a direct replacement for my favourite old programs IMHO.

P.S. Any news on Prisma Megamix compatibility with the Rapid Road USB? I've been waiting a couple of years for them to play nice together.

P.P.S. Do you do recapping? And is your ticket system up and running again now? Never got a reply to my email, but would like to recap eventually and need to know whether you offer it.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline matt3k

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:10:42 PM »
@BozzerBigD
I have a Prisma Megamix and and Rapid Road USB via the Xsurf-100 and haven't had any issues.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:09:30 PM »
@matt3k

It's good to know that the Rapid Road is compatible with the XSurf-100 as advertised. The question is whether you can use the clock port on the Prisma Megamix to run the Rapid Road USB. That would save the cost of the XSurf-100 and give purpose to the clock port on the Prisma Megamix. AmigaKit are silent so I've always assumed it doesn't work.

I also assume that the don't recap A4000Ts, have no operational support ticket system currently and don't need my custom at the moment (hence no reply to my emails). Weird really as their warehouse full of Tabor boards isn't going to shift without keeping customers like me sweet and interested. Maybe Matthew won the lottery and can afford to sell computers to those he deems worthy?

They've always helped me in the past but things do seem to be slipping IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:11:01 PM by BozzerBigD »

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:38:59 PM »
@BozzerBigD

Apologies for missing your email. I have answered it now.

Please keep in mind that our work load ebbs and flows.  I regularly work 12-14 hours a day solely on our Amiga businesses which include running Amiga Kit, Amiga.org, AmigaWorld.net, AMIStore, project managing Amiga Developer Team who produce Enhnacer Software and this PPaint update.  In the background we have some existing hardware projects such as Cyrus and Tabor to manage but many new exciting Classic Amiga hardware and software projects which are due for release this year.   There are never enough hours in the day unfortunately.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 11:47:20 PM »
@BozzerBigD

Apologies for missing your email. I have answered it now.

Please keep in mind that our work load ebbs and flows.  I regularly work 12-14 hours a day solely on our Amiga businesses which include running Amiga Kit, Amiga.org, AmigaWorld.net, AMIStore, project managing Amiga Developer Team who produce Enhnacer Software and this PPaint update.  In the background we have some existing hardware projects such as Cyrus and Tabor to manage but many new exciting Classic Amiga hardware and software projects which are due for release this year.   There are never enough hours in the day unfortunately.

Have you tried cloning yourself to get more work done? Maybe just two or three clones would be enough. 😉

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 08:27:10 PM »
Thanks. I appreciate you digging it out of your mailbox. I understand you're busy but it frustrating from a customer viewpoint because sometimes we're asking questions for the opportunity to support your business and give you money. We just need clarification sometimes. God bless in all your business endeavours. It must be like playing SimBusiness or ThemeComputer in real life running AmigaKit  ;D

Offline David Wright

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
Or hire more people.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 12:32:24 AM »
@David Wright

We work in the Amiga market full time and have done so for over fifteen years serving the community through lean years and better times.  We have continued to re-invest our revenue back into the Amiga market for new software, hardware projects and sponsoring Amiga events around the world.

It is unsurprisingly not profitable enough to sustain a larger workforce, especially given the recent increase in part time resellers since retro has recently become popular again.