Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All the smart guys left  (Read 6057 times)

Description:

Offline partycentralpartygirl

• Show all replies
    • http://www.partycentralsupplies.com
Re: All the smart guys left
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »
Quote from: Wolfe;690345
This thread is assuming they had smart guys to begin with . . . :LOL:

Looks like all the smart guys are still there:

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/touchscreen-tablet-news/microsoft-asks-for-virtualization-fees-on-non-windows-tablets-17095/

iPads will remain in the clutches of hipsters tweeting about selling their "artwork" on ESTY while playing Cut the Rope in a rented townhouse while Windows Tablets will be adopted for Corporate Customers to avoid paying double "Apple Tax"

If you don't feel like reading the article MS is going to charge a fee to access Windows Machine's using virtualization. Companies will just issue Win8 tablets (which will cost less to begin with) and avoid the (extra) fee altogether.

Dirty move on MS's part, but it's a genius decision on their part, to maintain the stranglehold on their Corporate business.

Offline partycentralpartygirl

• Show all replies
    • http://www.partycentralsupplies.com
Re: All the smart guys left
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:46 AM »
Quote from: Transition;690373
@partycentralpartygirl

Your assuming they sell at least one Windows Tablet, which is assuming a lot. Windows Tablets have been available for over 10 years and customers always avoid them.

My doctor (and his entire office) has been using a Windows Tablets for at least a decade. So he'll upgrade, so there is seven sale right there. MS will be very happy! Perhaps Bill will get enough money to finally cure Aids for good with those sales numbers.

The reason that MS will be able to sell at least some of these tablets is because these tablets are far far different than previous tablets under the Windows banner. Previous tablets were expected to run a general purpose operating system with 30 years of backward compatibility (to some degree) When I say that I mean that I run DOS programs under Windows and they work just fine. I have some 16 bit Windows apps that work fine under Windows 7. The crux of Microsofts problems is backwards compatibility. Not to mention they had to run CISC x86 processors to ensure all the old stuff would work, they ate batteries for breakfast, new RISC ARM chips will allow MS to get similar battery life and performance out of their tablets as anyone else.

It's apples to oranges to compare the previous XP offerings to the new Metro devices. Eliminating backwards compatibility with legacy apps will free Microsoft to re-invent the OS. Which they have done via the Metro interface. (to much negative fanfare)

In my humble opinion the new Windows tablets will have about as much in common to the old tablets as the iPad does to Apple's Pippin.

Though the Pippin is clearly better than the iPad as it runs a PPC chip, and has removable media, and hooks to a TV out of the box. So long story short once again Apple Pippin's win the feature war vs the iPad. Though to be fair iPad does have wireless networking. So the Pippin only wins by a hair.