Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks  (Read 4777 times)

Description:

Online PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
News from MobbyG reprinted locally for your convenance from the AmiZed Studios Website

URL:

http://www.amigaz.org/2012/01/29/art-episode-53-transition-speaks/

So one of the big questions on the the Amiga.org website, has been who’s the new owner that took over from Wayne Hunt? We tried to get him on the show before, and it didn’t work out. But he’s come to us asking to be on and we’ve welcomed him with open arms!

Now yes, my little blow up that last time was not very nice, and I did apologize to him. But moving on from that, we took some questions from you the listeners and visitors to Amiga.org and pose them to the owner. Now you’re probably asking why I haven’t mentioned his name yet. Well, if I keep you in suspense, it’s an incentive to listen to the show! See how that works? There’s no conspiracy, or anything like that. So if a troll tells you otherwise, just ask me. I’ll tell you everything I know. And if you’re a troll that is spreading rumors, then shame on you! Shame, shame, shame! I hope a rabid wolverine is dropped into your pants! But, it’s a shorter show then we normally do, simply because, we didn’t get many questions sent in. Only 3 people emailed in the questions, all of which we asked. The rules were that we would ask them all, not matter what, and the owner would then be able to answer them, and had the option to refuse to answer a question.

We added a couple of followups, but all in all, it was “OK” by my standards, just based on lack of questions. For many people, I guess this is a non issue with some people. who the owner is. I didn’t really have any burning desire to know who the owner is, and now that I do, nothing has changed for me. I like the site and that is all there is to it for me. As for others, now you have your answers and I hope that satisfy the questions and issues you had.  If not, the door is open for another show to ask questions.

So, that’s it! It’s done and out. So, what do you think? Was it what you were hoping for? I just hope the next episode with the owner is much better. And by then I’ll be able to put ***’s the owner’s name in the show notes. Till then!

~Rich
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:35:39 PM by Pyromania »

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: ART Episode 53 – Amiga.org Owner Speaks
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
*** *******explicit removed******
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:50:34 AM by Pyromania »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
I must of missed the part where we were supposed to email the questions in. I thought we were just supposed to put them up in the thread as posts. Maybe in Bold.

Damn it! Can we do this again?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline number6

Re: ART Episode 53 - Amiga.org Owner Speaks
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 01:39:09 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;678169
I must of missed the part where we were supposed to email the questions in. I thought we were just supposed to put them up in the thread as posts. Maybe in Bold.

Looking at the thread which solicited the questions:
Amiga.org Owner to Take Questions from the Amiga Community on Amiga Roundtable

Considering how many times Rich posted and Transistion *bumped* it, it's clear they -were- looking for questions from the thread. Yet for the show, they clearly only used the emailed questions, while proclaiming they wished there had been more questions. Erm...there WERE.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
Interesting. I thought Transition was bumping the thread to generate interest until a big climax. I didn't realize they were actually trying to communicate something to us. Maybe if they said something along the lines of "hey guys we are waiting for all these questions to arrive by email so we can include them for the ART. Cheers!" instead of simply putting up a :bump: smiley that obviously had lots of people confused as to why it was being repeatedly used the message would have gotten across better.

Online PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:27 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;678181
Interesting. I thought Transition was bumping the thread to generate interest until a big climax. I didn't realize they were actually trying to communicate something to us. Maybe if they said something along the lines of "hey guys we are waiting for all these questions to arrive by email so we can include them for the ART. Cheers!" instead of simply putting up a :bump: smiley that obviously had lots of people confused as to why it was being repeatedly used the message would have gotten across better.

You will have to ask Rich why only e-mailed questions were used, Amiga Round Table is his show. He did state in his first post to e-mail all questions to him.

Offline MobbyG

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
I asked for email because I don't check this site for days, sometimes a couple weeks at a time. I just get busy with work, the fiance' and my daughter. Plus, at the time of the planning for the episode, I was also in the final stages of getting the UNYAUG gathering together.

With email, I would be able to go in to one place and forward the questions to everyone for the show.

Quote from: Kesa;678169

Ted has said he is willing to come on again. Maybe like a "What's Happening at A.org" kind of thing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:58:44 AM by MobbyG »
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline number6

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »
Quote from: MobbyG;678185
I asked for email because I don't check this site for days, sometimes a couple weeks at a time. I just get busy with work, the fiance' and my daughter. Plus, at the time of the planning for the episode, I was also in the final stages of getting the UNYAUG gathering together.

With email, I would be able to go in to one place and forward the questions to everyone for the show.

Ted has said he is willing to come on again. Maybe like a "What's Happening at A.org" kind of thing.

I did what I could on Amigaworld. I clearly stated you wanted the questions sent email. I even gave a countdown.

Call or Text Your comments or questions to Amiga Roundtable!

But honestly Rich, what confused me was that you posted in the amiga.org thread -after- some of the questions were asked. So you can understand why Kesa and I were confused about you not seeing them. Maybe some could have used a slight rewording. Maybe some were deemed unanswerable.
Perhaps the repeated thought about how amiga sites in general have somewhat lacked civility in the last year were too controversial for a site owner to respond to.
Frankly, I thought he "indirectly" answered a few thoughts like that by talking about site statistics and their benefits.

The official Franko response is now in btw, on his website.
Let the site statistics roll.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:38:49 AM by number6 »

Offline MobbyG

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:52 AM »
Quote from: number6;678186
I did what I could on Amigaworld. I clearly stated you wanted the questions sent email. I even gave a countdown.

Call or Text Your comments or questions to Amiga Roundtable!

But honestly Rich, what confused me was that you posted in the amiga.org thread -after- some of the questions were asked. So you can understand why Kesa and I were confused about you not seeing them. Maybe some could have used a slight rewording. Maybe some were deemed unanswerable.
Perhaps the repeated thought about how amiga sites in general have somewhat lacked civility in the last year were too controversial for a site owner to respond to.
Frankly, I thought he "indirectly" answered a few thoughts like that by talking about site statistics and their benefits.

Thanks for getting the word out.. I appreciate it. :)

Yep.. so I did. Too late now... I probably should have said Email only.  Ok.. lesson learned.

I agree civility has been a little lacking in some cases on the community sites. But if when we do another one of these, then by all means, those questions are going to be asked.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:59:57 AM by MobbyG »
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:12:46 AM »
Wait, Transition is the owner? I thought that was just a system alias for Pyromania. Huh.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: ART Episode 53 – ted ga11ion Speaks
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:53:51 AM »
Quote from: Piru;678168
You gotta be kidding me.

Let me see, you're going to actually ban me for telling everyone that Ted Gallion is the amiga.org owner?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:09:22 AM by Piru »

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
Quote from: Piru;678168

Now that's just ridiculous. Did the new owner get pass 2. grad ? Just wondering. I work with mentally unstable people everyday (many think they are gods)

I would like to offer T3dd Gałłioń free threatment.

Just give me a call ******explicit removed******

-------------------------------------------------------------------
edited at 13.00 am because someone has a little PeePee
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Personal shyness and reticence aside, surely Transition can see that his real name is out there, especially now that he's been "on-air". Blanket filtering any mention of it with a S****horpe Filter in the name of privacy is surely a self-defeating farce. It's had precisely the opposite effect ever since it was first noticed.

It's fine to be shy and even a bit eccentric. The latter pretty much goes with the territory as far as amiga usage in 2012 goes, but this is all a bit too pythonesque-gone-real, isn't it?

Just my 0.02 .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:35:29 AM by Karlos »
int p; // A

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;678210
Personal shyness and reticence aside, surely Transition can see that his real name is out there, especially now that he's been "on-air". Blanket filtering any mention of it with a S****horpe Filter in the name of privacy is surely a self-defeating farce. It's had precisely the opposite effect ever since it was first noticed.

It's fine to be shy and even a bit eccentric. The latter pretty much goes with the territory as far as amiga usage in 2012 goes, but this is all a bit too pythonesque-gone-real, isn't it?

Just my 0.02 cents.

One can only hope  :D

As for being "eccentric", what on earth are you going on about?    :mickeymouse:

Offline Krischan76

• Show only replies by Krischan76
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
Jehova! Jehova!