Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Horse meat, horse meat, horse meat....  (Read 2714 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnimeTopic starter

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Horse meat, horse meat, horse meat....
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:23:40 AM »
Just how far has this extended? In what product is horse meat going to turn up in next? though judging from the state of the burgers from my local takeaway I would assume they have been using horse for some time now. :crazy:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Horse meat, horse meat, horse meat....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:47:25 AM »
If the UK has anywhere near the problem with idiots breeding horses and then abandoning them to some farm when they get bored, flooding the market with untrained animals nobody wants, that the US does, I'd expect to see a lot more of it. The only reason we don't have horse in everything over here is because you can't butcher horses for meat, thanks to a bunch of laws that only add to the problem passed by doe-eyed imbeciles who've never seen a pasture full of starving, neglected animals milling around aimlessly and whose only thought on the matter is that they sured loved My Friend Flicka when they were kids.

NOT THAT I HAVE AN OPINION OR ANYTHING.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline AmmoJammo

• Show only replies by AmmoJammo
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:47 AM »
Kangaroo is better :p

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:35:31 AM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;726185

Kangaroo tastes like dog poop!
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline AmmoJammo

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:22 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;726189
Kangaroo tastes like dog poop!

I can only assume you've sampled both...

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;726190
I can only assume you've sampled both...

Not sure if that was an attempt at humour, but I'm fairly sure...

Offline AmmoJammo

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 08:14:09 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;726192
Not sure if that was an attempt at humour, but I'm fairly sure...

...those would be considered mugs...

Offline vince_6

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;726176
Just how far has this extended? In what product is horse meat going to turn up in next? though judging from the state of the burgers from my local takeaway I would assume they have been using horse for some time now. :crazy:

It is better to eat horse than crazy cows or cows eating motor oil like those in germany.
But I can't do it. It's not ethically correct. Poor animals.
My BBS : flashbackbbs.sytes.net:6502
http://partsfromthepast.blogspot.gr/ A1200 Black Project

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;726176

Just eat halal meat and your problem is solved. We muzzys no eat horsey! :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline AppleIIGuy

• Show only replies by AppleIIGuy
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »
When I had dog in Korea it wasn't bad.. I can see why ppl are mad because they were supposed to be eating 100% beef but not because it is horse meat.

Offline mrknight

• Show only replies by mrknight
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;726185

Kangaroo is nice! Don't know how it would be in a lasagna but it's really nice on the barbeque:)

I don't know if this "horse crisis" is because people have been eating something they weren't expecting. You expect beef but you get something else. The food producer have been lying to the consumers. Or is it that people have been eating horse. People find eating hose a bit of a controversy. I guess this is because horses are cute and more of a pet. No one care about eating cows because cows are not that cute and you don't play with them.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »
Cows are actually pretty bemusing if you see them outside a megafarm environment. Never stopped me from enjoying prime beef, though.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 03:11:58 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;726240
Just eat halal meat and your problem is solved. We muzzys no eat horsey! :)

What is the ruling on eating horse meat?.

Praise be to Allaah.
The majority of scholars are of the view that it is permissible to eat horses, because of the sound ahaadeeth that have been narrated concerning that.

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: On the day of Khaybar, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade eating the flesh of domestic donkeys, but he granted a concession with regard to horses. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3982; Muslim, 1941.

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we slaughtered a horse and ate it. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5191; Muslim, 1942.

It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We traveled with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and we used to eat the flesh of horses and drink their milk. Narrated by al-Daaraqutni and al-Bayhaqi. Al-Nawawi said: with a saheeh isnaad.

Other scholars – including Abu Haneefah and his two companions – are of the view that it is makrooh to eat horse meat. They quoted a Qur’aanic verse and a hadeeth as evidence for that.

The verse is as follows (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (He has created) horses, mules and donkeys, for you to ride and as an adornment”

[al-Nahl 16:8]

They said: He did not mention eating them, but He mentioned eating an’aam animals (camels, cattle etc) in a previous verse (verse 5).

The scholars responded to that by noting that mention of riding and adornment does not mean that their benefits are limited to that, rather these two are singled out for mention because they are the uses to which horses are put in the majority of cases. This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al‑Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine” [al-Maa’idah 5:3]. Here flesh is mentioned because that is what is usually eaten in most cases. The Muslims are unanimously agreed that the fat, blood and all other parts of the pig are also forbidden, and they said: hence Allaah does not mention carrying load on horses, although He says with regard to an’aam animals (camels etc), “And they carry your loads” [al-Nahl 16:7]. This does not imply that it is haraam to carry loads on horses. End quote from al-Majmoo’.

The hadeeth that they quote is that which was narrated from Khaalid ibn al-Waalid, that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the flesh of horses, mules and donkeys, and every wild animal that has fangs.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Nasaa’i and Ibn Maajah.

This hadeeth is da’eef (weak), and was classed as such by al-Albaani in Da’eef Abi Dawood.

Al-Haafiz Moosa ibn Haroon said: This is a weak hadeeth. Al-Bukhaari said: This hadeeth is subject to further investigation.

Al-Bayhaqi said: This is a mudtarab (faulty) isnaad, and in addition to that it contradicts the ahaadeeth of trustworthy narrators, which say that the meat of horses is permitted. Al-Khattaabi said: There is something wrong with its isnaad. Abu Dawood said: This hadeeth is mansookh (abrogated). Al-Nasaa’i said: The hadeeth which says that it is permissible is more sound. It is more likely, if this is saheeh, that it has been abrogated, because of what it says in the saheeh hadeeth, “Permission was given to eat the flesh of horses,” indicates that.

End quote from al-Majmoo’, 9/7-5

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/70320
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:08 AM »
I rarely encounter horse meat, but the few times I've had it, I enjoyed it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 04:25:41 AM »
I wonder what unicorn tastes like    :rolleyes: