Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any interesting hobbies other than politics and the Amiga?  (Read 6545 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: Any interesting hobbies other than politics and the Amiga?
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 02:45:12 AM »
:lol:

Why not add xenophobia and homophobia to that list?
I like Amigas

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 03:47:02 AM »
'homophobia' is not a hobby. And there is no xenophobia with iama! :)

OT: I'm wondering what kind of book 'kenny' would write...

I might start a thread about it! :P

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2004, 01:34:39 PM »
Why must everyone make everything personal as well as off topic?

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2004, 02:11:23 PM »
Sorry about that - I was quite peeved because Iama misquoted me in the 'Happy Bastille Day' thread. It was childish and I shouldn't have done it.

Why must everyone make everything personal as well as off topic?

Because people feel the need to express their anger or frustration at what another user has said or done?
I like Amigas

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2004, 02:20:17 PM »

Cyberus wrote:
Because people feel the need to express their anger or frustration at what another user has said or done?
Here is a reminder that these are mere forums, and not worth frustration or anger.  If you're at a time where you're letting negativity get the better of you, maybe it's time to start dating.  :)

Wayne

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2004, 01:01:07 PM »

Wayne wrote:
Chris,

The velocity XLRG is, indeed very, very nice.  I'd rather buy a working aircraft though than piece it together in my garage.

Wayne

Remind me sometime to put up a photo of a failed takeoff currently sitting broken in a trailer in the back field  :lol:
this space for rent

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2004, 01:15:35 PM »
Hi Wayne

Nice "fresh air" style topic! :-) When i am not studying at college (A level ICT) i mainly play football and hang around and chilling out with some "well known" members of this board. I used to play football for teams in the past (goalkeeper and out field player :-)) and also indoor football. I am a football fanatic! :lol: Also go out pubbin' and clubbin' as any other teenager would. Also use my GP32 quite a lot when not using Amiga, this really is a smart little game device for emulation, etc. Hope JonoPike will actually put a decent response to this thread, as he does interesting stuff: music, art ninjitsu, etc.
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2004, 01:19:01 PM »

Wain wrote:
I used to be obsessed with programming, now I'm obsessed with music (composition, performing, singing, piano).

I study martial arts (Hapkido & Kendo)

Skydiving (only gone a couple times, dying to go again)

School (for music).

Reading, primarily fiction and existentialist writing, and books on music theory.

Like to go to the goth clubs and dance...gave up smoking and don't drink much anymore so I'm not usually there too long.

Also have a long attachment to lizards, especially bearded dragons (used to raise a few, hoping to get one again soon)

Thats a pretty interesting line up! :-) Must really try out some of them stuff. Have you tried bungee jumping?
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2004, 01:29:31 PM »
That's a few very cool hobbies.  

My idea of football is quite a bit different from yours I'm afraid.  I was once very, very good at the American version called "soccer", but that came to an abrupt end when I took a fully padded (thick plastic) shin across my un-padded knee.  Haven't played since high school, as my increasing Girth can demonstrate.

Wayne

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2004, 01:33:34 PM »

T_Bone wrote:
Remind me sometime to put up a photo of a failed takeoff currently sitting broken in a trailer in the back field  :lol:

Failed Velocity takeoff?  The more I look at the Velocity XL, the more I want one..  

I would pay Hangar 18 to build one for me, because I would never finish it on my own, but the Velocity XL solves a lot of quandries for me, such as the infamous "high wing (cessna) versus low wing (mooney)" debate.  The XL also would lift all I need and go probably farther than I need for any one trip.  Granted, it'd still be far cheaper to fly commercial, but wouldn't be 1/10th of the fun or allow me to fly whenever I wanted.

Wayne

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2004, 06:44:10 PM »
Wayne,

I used to have a Subaru WRX as my wallpaper until I bought one. Now I have that pic of the XLRG, the one with the sunset in the background. Once the WRX is payed off the XL maybe my next big purchase. As always Burt Rutan designs are always easy to fly.

Chris

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2004, 07:16:09 PM »
@T_Bone,

How could a Velocity not take off? Forget to install the canard? Too much epoxy making it too heavy?

Chris

Offline Damion

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2004, 11:07:18 PM »
Hi Wayne,

May I suggest motorcycling...nothing relieves stress like blasting through a twisty on a heavily
forested mountain road. Much fun, and doesn't have to cost an appendage...that is unless you crash badly. ;-)

Other hobbies of mine include mandatory time spent listening to good music, F1, wrenching on/restoring old
Benzes, and I'm also beginning to learn a little Italian. :)

I've also considered flying lessons, but dropped the idea for similar reasons as yourself. Someday!

Addio,

Damion

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »
Hum,
i have an unhealthy interest in guns, marital arts, armchair sports (er, after giving up wrestling in baby oil)  and of course `cosmology ...

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2004, 12:56:53 AM »
Chris,

Mechanical failure (gear, engine) notwithstanding, consider pilot incompetence.  Imagine what would happen, if you will, if a new pilot got up enough speed, but pulled back too hard on the stick, essentially flipping the Velocity ass over end because of the lift from the canard.

It's possible, I'm sure.

Wayne

« Reply #44 from previous page: July 18, 2004, 12:59:47 AM »

-D- wrote:
Hi Wayne,

May I suggest motorcycling...nothing relieves stress like blasting through a twisty on a heavily
forested mountain road. Much fun, and doesn't have to cost an appendage...that is unless you crash badly. ;-)
I've done the motorcycle thing.  Crashing on a motorcycle is an eventual "WILL HAPPEN", regardless of who you are, or how careful you are.  Motorcycle accidents are 99% the fault of the other idiots on the road, not the rider.

Besides, no one around me is particularly comfortable with the idea of me riding a motorcycle.  My Dad's ok with it, as long as I take out a million dollar insurance policy and make him the sole beneficiary.  

:)

Wayne