Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any interesting hobbies other than politics and the Amiga?  (Read 6657 times)

Description:

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show all replies
Scuba diving (though I've hardly done that this season! Friggin school!). Reading. SF, fantasy has largely lost it's interest for. There's so little creativity in that genre :-(. My most recent 'discovery'is China Mieville with Perdido Street Station. Other favourite authors include Greg Bear, Isaac Asimov (though not the Foundation books), Tad Williams (Otherland is amazing (and a loooooooooooooooooooooong read)) etc, etc. I keep wanting to get into last turn of the century horror/mystery/gothic books, however I hardly have time (make time?) to read anything other than stuff I need to read for my studies.

I'm planning on joining a horseriding club in September.

@wayne:
Oh about flying your own aircraft: I'd suggest you take another look at ULV/MLA aircraft :-).

Offline odin

• Show all replies
Re: Any interesting hobbies other than politics and the Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 03:20:12 PM »
PMC wrote:
My interests are varied, I'm very into fitness and either swim or gym daily (when not biking of course), plus I also enjoy reading and writing.  I'm in the middle of typing up my memoirs and sending them around to my mates for their criticisms and so far the feedback has been generally quite encouraging.

Eh? Memoirs? Are you already feeling that old? :-P

Offline odin

• Show all replies
Re: Any interesting hobbies other than politics and the Amiga?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 11:38:45 AM »

Cyberus wrote:
Anyway, I've just come back from a weekend camping/hiking trip - that's something I used to do a lot as a kid and I decided yesterday that I'm gonna get back into it again.
Anyone else here a fan of the great outdoors?

I am, the problem is that there's hardly any nature worth wandering through here in the Netherlands. You'd spend 3/4 of the day walking on tarmac. Which is why I really only do hiking on holidays :-\. Anyhoo, should be doing a week of hiking in southern Norway in a few weeks  8-).