Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did we all just witness Windows start to die?  (Read 10874 times)

Description:

Offline Ami_GFX

• Show all replies
Re: Did we all just witness Windows start to die?
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »
I think all this talk of the death of the PC is premature. It is just the consumer market they are talking about. The business world will still need the PC and the business world is still using Windows Xp widely as well as Vista and Windows 7. I really don't have a problem with any of these versions of Windows. They all can perfom any computing function I need to do. Vista SP2 with 2gb+ of ram works just about as well for me as Windows 7. They aren't that much different inside. I disable prefetch, the background defragmenting and system restore in both and that takes care of the excessive hard drive access. I've no interest at all in Windows 8. I will have to deal with it some day, I'm sure, but I can wait a year or 2. By that time, a lot of the issues people have with it will be sorted out. The same thing happened with Vista but by the time that happened, it got such a bad rep they had to rename it Windows 7.
A2500 owned since 1993 with A2630/DKB 2632, DKB Megachip, GVP EGS Spectrum, A2320 and GVP HC+8 on the inside and a DCTV on the outside. A4000D with CSPPC, Cybervision 64 and a Flicker Magic flicker fixer. A4000T Toaster Flyer & CSMKII. All systems completly retro and classic and mostly used to do geometic art as in my avatar.