Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apollo conspiracy theorists, get ready!  (Read 1824 times)

Description:

Offline KarlosTopic starter

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Apollo conspiracy theorists, get ready!
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
...for you are going to love this :D

Fake Dutch 'moon rock' revealed

A treasured piece at the Dutch national museum - a supposed moon rock from the first manned lunar landing - is nothing more than petrified wood, curators say.

It was given to former Prime Minister Willem Drees during a goodwill tour by the three Apollo-11 astronauts shortly after their moon mission in 1969.

Full story here

So, handing out lumps of petrified wood, ey? Apparently, it was insured for $500,000...

US officials said they had no explanation for the Dutch discovery.

:lol:

I wonder if everybody else that received samples will be in a rush to check theirs?

For the record, I'm not a cynic and believe the landings were genuine, but unless a proper explanation for this is found, the old conspiracy theories are  going to resurface.

When Mr Drees died, the rock went on display at the Amsterdam museum.

If the sample were genuine to begin with, perhaps someone swapped it hoping nobody would find out. After all, owning a lump of the moon isn't something many could lay claim to. That might just be too much temptation for someone :D
int p; // A

Offline mike-

• Show only replies by mike-
Re: Apollo conspiracy theorists, get ready!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:28:26 PM »
So thats where my paperweight went!

Stupendously weird tho.  And here i was thinking there was nothing more to the conspiracy theories then a bunch of cooks with to much free time on their hands. Guess i wont know until i get there with a battery and cant find the lunar rover.

Oh well, as i said a few hours ago ( i think ),  it wasnt the physical evidence, it wasnt the eyewitness accounts, nor the thousands of hours of footage that got me. It was the disinformation!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:38:53 PM by mike- »
C= Amiga Addict & Dendrophiliac
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:43:22 AM »
Aaaaaw! And I thought the moon is made of green cheeze!
Well, with all that conspiracy hoo ha into place, I'm won't be surprise if that moon rock would ever end up on Ebay! :lol: Cheers! :lol:
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
LOL.
It is quite possible that the original was stolen by a collector (Very rare obviously), and this fake put in its place. This happens quite a bit in museums with items on display, as sometimes it can be days/weeks/months and even years before the fake is found and the video or evidence trail is long gone....

True.

gertsy