Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello again!! (Cyberus)  (Read 4766 times)

Description:

Offline CyberusTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Hello again!! (Cyberus)
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Hi guys

After a house move after being in the same house for six years, I uncovered loads of my old Amiga stuff in boxes (I haven't powered one up in all that time either!). And I thought that I would need to shift some of it, but also would like to have a tinker again. My thoughts led me to here, a place I remember being really friendly.

I would like to ask:

a)Is X-ray still here? I found a claim form for Royal Mail while I was clearing out - It jogged my memory about six years or more ago I sold three external floppy drives to x-ray for 20 something pounds. THey got lost in the post so I started filing a claim with Royal Mail but then didn't send back an original of the receipt after I had done so first time round with a photocopy. I'd like to send him an apology and a cheque for 30 pounds to cover the cost of the drives.

b)Could I please have some help from the Amiga community in getting some of my Amigas up and running? I really, honestly cannot remember a *thing* about them. I have boxes and boxes in a lockup storage unit and have moved to a tiny room in a tiny house, so it will be a long drawn out process getting things out one by one.

c)Who else is still about (actually I'm sure I will find this out after I start browsing the site). Are these guys still here (don't get offended if I forgot anyone, its been six years!): Odin, Karlos, Speelgoedmannetje, Methuselas, Wilse, Bloodline, TheMagicM, loads more I will soon remember if they are still here. And how about the trolls - CU_Amiga and DoomMaster???

Anyway, just typing this post makes me feel good to be back!! I look forward to catching up with people!

Regards,
Adam
I like Amigas

Re: Hello again!! (Cyberus)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »
Oh and Ads, Cecilia, Blobrana and that friendly Scottish guy whose name I can't remember!!

Are you all still here??
I like Amigas

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »
I'm sorry, i've never heard of you mate. Have we met? :confused:

Doomy got banned... :(

But everyone else you mentioned is still here :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »
Long time no speak Adam, welcome back!

Hope you are well, I seem to remember you had plans to move to France but my memory isn't what it used to be. :)

Nik (mdma)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
Nik! Sorry, how could I forget mdma! You do have a great memory (despite the mdma obviously :p) - I did go and live in France for a bit, and I plan to move there again at the end of this year / beginning of next. I fondly remember some of the good old convos we used to have on here.

Actually, I seem to remember a put down you used with someone in a heated discussion - "I slept with my wife to be last night, have a nice wank you loser?". Have all the discussions about Bush and Iraq etc died down now? Talking of which, are T_bone and FluffyMcDeath still about??
I like Amigas

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Quote from: Cyberus;632759
Nik! Sorry, how could I forget mdma! You do have a great memory (despite the mdma obviously :p) - I did go and live in France for a bit, and I plan to move there again at the end of this year / beginning of next. I fondly remember some of the good old convos we used to have on here.

Actually, I seem to remember a put down you used with someone in a heated discussion - "I slept with my wife to be last night, have a nice wank you loser?". Have all the discussions about Bush and Iraq etc died down now? Talking of which, are T_bone and FluffyMcDeath still about??

I said that? :lol: Sorry for that!

The coffee house forum is moribund these days sadly. Not seen or heard from Fluffy nor T_Bone for years. :(
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
You've just changed your sig, but I too enjoy being teetotal and lecturing others on the evils of drink too! :)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
Im pretty sure I started one of the arguments  of the coffee house about Iraq by talking about the film the three kings lol

How are you not seen you around in a long time.  Cant remember any specifc convos we might have had in last 11 years but bound to have been some

Welcome back. A lot of the old school still around and site still as helpful
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome JJ. I am feel like I am back home already!

P.S. lol @ Taffia!!
I like Amigas

Offline Plaz

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »
Wow, it has been a long time. Welcome back. Some of the names have changed, but its not to far off from where you left it.

Plaz

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
Welcome back Cyberus. Don't leave it so long between posts next time ;)

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
Hi there and welcome back Cyberus! :D Me, Odin, Bloodline, Whabang, Karlos, Cecilia, most of us are still here, Wilse should be here as well somewhere ;)
I'm not as active as I used to be as I'm quite busy with my career, but still I post here so every now and then.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Quote from: Cyberus;632754
Hi guys

c)Who else is still about (actually I'm sure I will find this out after I start browsing the site). Are these guys still here (don't get offended if I forgot anyone, its been six years!): Odin, Karlos, Speelgoedmannetje, Methuselas, Wilse, Bloodline, TheMagicM, loads more I will soon remember if they are still here. And how about the trolls - CU_Amiga and DoomMaster???

Anyway, just typing this post makes me feel good to be back!! I look forward to catching up with people!

Regards,
Adam

Welcome back, feller!

Myself, Odin, Speel, Bloodline, Cecilia, Adz, Nik, Whabang, XRay and a fair few others are still all here. Wilse is still around over on whyzzat but doesn't tend to post here much these days.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:28:54 PM by Karlos »
int p; // A

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
What's all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here. This is a local forum, for local people.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
Quote from: odin;632864
What's all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here. This is a local forum, for local people.

:D