Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello from Bucks, UK  (Read 883 times)

Description:

Offline tonykingTopic starter

• Show only replies by tonyking
Hello from Bucks, UK
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
Hello from Pitstone, Bucks UK
Quick intro from me..

Bought an A500 in 1991 then an A600 in 1992. Improved the setup with a Philips monitor and hard disk and the A600 remained my main computer well into the 90s before PCs invaded my home. My Amiga was used for all sorts of stuff. I had a sound sampler and used to create music with tracker programs. Also got to grips with Amos and sold a handful of shareware progs (literally a handful!).

Sold my A600 as faulty a couple of years back during a clearout when moving house, but kinda regret it now as I could have had a up and running with a few parts I'm sure. Anyway, recently went out and picked up a nice A500 off the Bay. I've also picked up an A570 CD-Rom drive, upgraded to 2mb Ram and found an external fdd. I want to keep it pretty much classic but I'm wondering if many of you have upgraded A500s to kickstart 3.1 and whether you think it's worthwhile. What are the benefits?

Cheers,
Tony

Offline amigakit

Re: Hello from Bucks, UK
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
Welcome!
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline tonykingTopic starter

• Show only replies by tonyking
Re: Hello from Bucks, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »
To be more specific about my kickstart 3.1 query, how much of the nice WB3 interface thingys work on a non-AGA machine? Eg: backgrounds, smart menu bars etc.