Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: About time I posted in new user intros  (Read 911 times)

Description:

Offline MarkWatsonTopic starter

• Show only replies by MarkWatson
    • http://www.scrameta.net
About time I posted in new user intros
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:52:37 AM »
Hello!

I've been through several Amiga owning phases. The last time it was a big box PPC/060 box with Mediator. I sold that almost 5 years ago. It was mostly due to the Mediator. I was getting endless crashes and also was disappointed because my G450 driver port was impossible... I'd moved on to Rage Pro using Scitech VBios to run the ROM (since there are many Rage Pro variants), but the Amiga was too unstable. The crashes turned out to a bad connector between Mediator and A1200! It took the new owner to work that one out.

Anyway I've been fiddling with the Linux/GP32/GP2X scenes in the last few years instead. Built a PVR, porting Atari 800 emulator to GP32/GP2X and some other stuff. Someone else recently ported UAE to the GP2X and it reminded me how fun the games were. I've never had much luck with UAE - doesn't seem to like WormsDC etc. Anyway I saw someone selling a Migi, ST and some Arcs for 30 quid so grabbed them:-) Anyone want some Arcs?! Also had a bunch of assembler books, RKRMs etc.

Of course the new A1200 now has an 060 (for twice what I sold mine with PPC a few years ago...), a 20GB HDD, 802.11b, 3.9 ROMs etc. The plan is to make it into a WHDLoad box. So perhaps the 060 was overkill, but heh. I want to watch the new TBL demo etc;-)

Anyway that will do for a quick intro. Time to go swimming!

Mark

Offline nasty

• Show only replies by nasty
Re: About time I posted in new user intros
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »
Hello Mark

We are all used to delays in the amiga scene :-P But welcome to A.Org and enjoy the swimming
Specs:
A1200PT, mediator c/w voodoo 3 2000, sb128, 60G HDD,OS3.9,LITEON CDR, nec 4x4 changer,External Scan Doubler,Cocolino adapter,PS2 keyboard adaptor.

Morphos 2.6, mini mac g4 @ 1.25ghz.