Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ALiVE'n Kicking!  (Read 1820 times)

Description:

Offline R0uTe66Topic starter

• Show only replies by R0uTe66
ALiVE'n Kicking!
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:03:57 PM »
HI There!
After many years I've got my old A3000 working. Great! It went down for about 8 years ago. Now I have dl'ed many old games and utils. I also discoverd that some guys has made some emulators for the pc. Nice!.. Does anyone know if there is a way to connect my old bbs to the internet? Is there any way of sharing my serialports or to share a bbs using winuae and a bbsprogram? I have a dream to make my old board up'n running again...
Take care and thanks for keeping the old one, alive! ;)
\\\'Something wonderful has happened..
Your AMIGA is alive\\\'

Offline neofree

• Show only replies by neofree
Re: ALiVE'n Kicking!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:25:52 AM »
I worked on a program (BBSLink, site down but will be back up soon) that allows *any* BBS to be able to be accessed on the internet.  I used it with the Commodore 64.  

That said though, it depends on which BBS program you're running.  ..?

Offline jahc

• Show only replies by jahc
    • http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 04:35:26 AM »
I think you can do it with this: (from aminet)

name: ^   path:   size:   date:   description:
telser140.lha   comm/tcp   251K   1996-03-20   Telnet(d)/rlogin(d) device/handler for TC
Telser_Keyfile.lha   comm/tcp   2K   2004-01-31   Free Telser.device keyfile for everyone :

I managed to get it semi working on my AmigaOne with SystemX, but couldnt get it to run with MAXSBBS.. mainly to do with serial.device issues. It doesnt like a1serial.device so I couldnt even get it to load.

Get the keyfile as it gets rid of the demo limitations.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 12:10:57 PM »

neofree wrote:
I worked on a program (BBSLink, site down but will be back up soon) that allows *any* BBS to be able to be accessed on the internet.  I used it with the Commodore 64.  

That said though, it depends on which BBS program you're running.  ..?

HI there!I have tried almost every bbs-proggy that I could find in those days. The last one I used was Sigma Express. Sigma and /X had so many great doors and I liked them alot. Since I had the support in Europe for MAXsBBS I was forced to run  MAXsBBS too. I used an util called frontdoor making it possible for my callers to choose what bbs-program that should be started. That was really nice! The only problem I had was that I couldn't share fidonet and MAXsNET for my nodepoints. My old A3000 hangs when I login on Sigma. I think that I have some wrong libs installed so it shouldn't be a problem to start the board again. The only problem is that it only has 3 serialports and that is why I hope to find a way to run the board in winuae using more ports. Thanks for your reply and I hope to hear from you soon.
Your AMIGA is alive\\\'

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 12:13:13 PM »

jahc wrote:
I think you can do it with this: (from aminet)

name: ^   path:   size:   date:   description:
telser140.lha   comm/tcp   251K   1996-03-20   Telnet(d)/rlogin(d) device/handler for TC
Telser_Keyfile.lha   comm/tcp   2K   2004-01-31   Free Telser.device keyfile for everyone :

I managed to get it semi working on my AmigaOne with SystemX, but couldnt get it to run with MAXSBBS.. mainly to do with serial.device issues. It doesnt like a1serial.device so I couldnt even get it to load.

Get the keyfile as it gets rid of the demo limitations.

HI There!
I'll try it out to see if I can use that device.
Thx! =)
Your AMIGA is alive\\\'

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 02:12:58 PM »
You can use that device =) it will work on both UAE and a real Amiga! i used to run a /X and =T= system for a long time with that device :) i know some guyts who are still running /X DD etc boards 24/7 on telnet and even dialup.