Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New PS3/Nintendo Wii, gaming in general  (Read 3482 times)

Description:

Offline CaptainN

• Show all replies
Re: New PS3/Nintendo Wii, gaming in general
« on: November 17, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »
I have to say that I spent a few hours tonight playing the Wii and the motion controller was so much fun, the Excite Truck game that was being demoed was excellent and a whole lot of fun.

Placing the controller on the side and using it as a driving wheel was so much fun.  It was pretty amazing to see 3 different women come into the store tonight and try out the game and say.. "Hey this is a lot of fun, I think I will buy one for myself.. my husband/boyfriend can use mine.."  Later that night I saw a few fathers try it out with their sons and say.. "..son we NEED to buy one of these..", "..this is the first game I have played since the 80s.."

It is when I heard that I knew that Nintendo hit the exact marketspace they wanted... everyone else and not the hardcore gamer...  I have to say that their strategy of catering to everyone may just work out great for them.

I like the anime golf game by Tecmo that requires you to use the controller like a real golf club.  I also like the Trauma Center game where you play an emergency room doctor, it just seems to me that the titles have a good variety for many people.

I am looking forward to Sunday for Zelda, Golf, Wii Sports, Trauma Center and Red Steel.