Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USB Audio and Network solutions for a Deneb-equipped A4000?  (Read 4659 times)

Description:

Offline mingleTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hi all,

I've been having a great time using my Deneb card to easily access all sorts of flash drives and external hard drives (along with USB mice and keyboards), but I'd also like to try some USB audio and network devices too...

However I'm unsure as to what makes/models will work with my Deneb card and the Poseidon USB stack.

The Deneb website doesn't seem to list any compatible USB audio or network devices either...

I'd like to use one of the cheap and easy to obtain USB audio cards and also a USB to Ethernet dongle (I'm guess wireless network dongles aren't supported?)...

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Show all replies
Re: USB Audio and Network solutions for a Deneb-equipped A4000?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

I managed to track down one of these (not too hard, since they seem to be the most common USB-Ethernet dongle on the planet!):

Cheaps eBay USB-Ethernet dongle

From several accounts they work flawlessly with Deneb/Poseidon - at under $AU 4, I guess it's worth a gamble!

I'm planning to plug my A4000 into a spare RJ-45 port on my D-Link router, which is directly connected to my cable-modem - hopefully I won't get too many headaches trying to get MiamiDX to work with it! ;-)

USB Audio seems harder to nail down... I'd love to be able to play and record 16-bit audio on my Amiga... :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys...

I've just plonked down the princely sum of US$1.60 (which includes shipping!) for a simple USB audio dongle.

If it works, then I'll be happy, if not, then I'll still be happy I tried, even if I'll be poorer by the cost of a cup of coffee! :-)

The lack of wireless USB networking is a bit of a pity. If it was possible, then I could keep my Amigas in a separate room, away from the PCs. But it looks like I'll have to sit them on the same desk and use a USB-Ethernet dongle to get me connected to my network router.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »
Oh, I also bought a cheap USB-MIDI cable too, since my MOTU Fastlane USB MIDI interface doesn't seem to work with Deneb/Poseidon...

That was a bargain too - under US$5! :-)

Mike.