Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elbox  (Read 4933 times)

Description:

Offline Rabbi

• Show all replies
Re: Elbox
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:12:05 AM »
For me, they've responded after an unreasonably lengthy period.

The first case is where they were offering an upgraded EPROM chip from version 4.x to version 5.01(b) for the FastATA 4000.  It took 4 or 5 months to get it, & only after prodding them with e-mails & posting here, asking if they're still in business.  I thought I never would get the EPROM chip, but I was glad that I was wrong.  That was about 2 1/2 years ago.

This last December, I sent back my FastATA1200 MK-III because it appeared to no longer function after about 3+ years of fantastic service.  I had debugged what the problem was, hoping that it came loose from the motherboard or that my A1200 went bad, but I reluctantly diagnosed that it was the FastATA1200 MK-III no longer working.  I was extremely reluctant to send it back to Elbox to repair because they seem to take too long to get any response from.  I contacted them & was told to ship it back to them.  This reply surprised me because it was fairly prompt of them.  This communication with them was last September.  I finally got around to shipping it last December.  I got an e-mail from them in January asking me what the package was because they were notified by Polish customs that they had a package from me.  I wrote an e-mail to them in either April or May stating that I am a patient guy, but would you please tell me the status of its debugging & repair.  I still have yet to hear back from them. :-(

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they're busy with other things that earn them real money & still support the Amiga out of the goodness of their heart, but I wish they would at least communicate in a normal & timely fashion.

Their FastATA products are great!  They reduce the time to burn CDs (& DVDs) by reducing the hard drive access times significantly.

It's truly a pity that they don't know that communications is the foundation of a good relationship - with their customers.
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...