Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dosbox for amiga 68k?  (Read 27998 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: dosbox for amiga 68k?
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 08, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;725769
No sorry guys, lots of work to do to make it quicker before I'll release it.

Matt is also working on a dynamic 68k core, that should also help the speed up when it's ready to be plugged in.

* wipes droll * I can hardly wait. I am wondering NovaCoder....I know I am dreaming....oh God I know I am dreaming. But is it possible..just curious out of the blues curious can I install Windows 98 Me on this? Because if it can do Windows 98 Me on a 20 fps or even 16 fps I can finally have a single MMORPG game on my A1200..but..but if it cannot do that..and just be able to run DOS games on it..I am ok with that. I am happy with that. I have no objection with that :D :D :D :sealed:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: dosbox for amiga 68k?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;736522
As some people know, one of my projects was to bring the current version of DosBox over to AGA 68k (nothing like a challenge and I managed ok with my ScummVM ports)
Unfortunately I discovered without some specialized ASM skills (which I lack) it would never be much use on real hardware because it's so friggen demanding
I did spend a few months working with Matt Hey trying to get an ASM 68k softcore working but we never quite got there unfortunately, read all about it in the links section below.
Rather than simply throw away the months of work that I spent porting and optimizing this emulator, I thought I'd upload it so people can see what could have been (using WinUAE).

I've included the full source code so maybe someone will do something good with it.
It is compiled for 060 but seems to run ok if you set WinUAE to 030 + FPU.

Oh well, can't win them all...........  

[youtube]FuXmfMuFJrc[/youtube]

Any idea how much RAM I need to run DOSBox?