Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello (AGAIN, Yet Again)  (Read 958 times)

Description:

Offline justthatgoodTopic starter

• Show only replies by justthatgood
Hello (AGAIN, Yet Again)
« on: January 25, 2024, 07:09:27 AM »
It's been a awhile... I'm popping back in to reintroduce myself, as now I feel like a born again user. I kinda feel guilty I sorta pushed the world of Amiga to the back of my mind and pretty much forgot about it. It wasn't until this week when I finally managed to get vacation from the soul crushing job I've been at for the past 18 years that the stars aligned. Lately, I've been getting back into music with more passion, as a way to cope with my mid life crisis and it's been a trip. Along this journey I've been fulfilling my goals of filling out an awesome synth/midi rack I started over 8 years ago. Since these are more vintage rack synths (Like Yamaha TX802 and Roland JV-1080) I've been watching Youtube videos for hints, tips and tricks.

That lead me down the rabbit of Atari ST, Commodores and Amigas as many of the Youtubers used these systems in conjunction with their music gear. Intrigued more I went to my local library since they it has a HUGE technology information center so I can get started building accessories for my gear. While there a flashback came to me as I remember they used to have an Amiga 4000T that used for the public access television station they ran. I went to the control room viewing area and noticed the Amiga 4000 was gone. I asked one of the volunteers about it (he liked to be no more than 19 years old) and he said he didn't know much about it but could ask one of the "old timers". After being made to feel absolutely geriatric I learned that they use a new video switcher that has way more features than the Amiga ever could.

So here I going on the tail end of my vacation, staying up late like the true night owl I've always been, organizing stuff so I can studio ready to start streaming. When I glanced over at the 1902 monitor sitting on my shelf it dawned on me I still had an Amiga account. So here I am again, 20+ years older, a little be more cynical about life but still as curious and beaming with the joy over all things techie. I feel I might be motivated to get to my storage area when the weather gets a little bit better and dig out my Amiga 4000 and Amiga 2000 I sealed away in boxes so long ago a little after me and my wife legally parted ways. Don't worry, long ago I changed out the batteries on them so no leaky barrel demons. I'm ready to kinda feel 15 again, if only for a few hours a day.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 07:13:06 AM by justthatgood »
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
Re: Hello (AGAIN, Yet Again)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 03:51:20 PM »

So here I am again, 20+ years older, a little be more cynical about life but still as curious and beaming with the joy over all things techie. I'm ready to kinda feel 15 again, if only for a few hours a day.

Welcome back, Like us all. For me the Amiga brings back alot of vivid Childhood memories. Even back then I would tinker rather than play games.
If only my Mother knew I had taken my new Amiga apart, she would have lost her ****. ;).

Yes, like alot, we had an ST before Amiga, as it was released a year before. So spose most of us have danced with the devil, ;).
Atari engineers, must have been smoking some ****, to come up with the stupid location for the joyports, lol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 03:56:36 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 04:02:57 PM »
Welcome back!
I started off with a Commodore VIC-20 back when I was a nipper (11 years old in 1983). Then a ZX Spectrum 16K that I won in a smiths crisps raffle in 1984! Then back to Commodore with a A500 in 1988, then A1200 in 1994. Swapped the A500 for a CDTV with Keyboard, mouse, infra remote. Then the whole lot got sold off in 1997 😬😞 Got back into the Amiga scene in 2006 with a Amiga Technologies pack.
Now have a lot of them in various guises. 1200 Towers, 4000D Tower, 4000 Desktops, 1200 with re-Amiga boards and original Commodore revision 1d1 with different accelerator options to count….

You’re in the right place 👍🏻

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 04:13:18 PM »
when I was a nipper (11 years old in 1983).

lol, thought I was old, :). I was 5 by then.

Got back into the Amiga scene in 2006.

Same time I did to. Well, I was using WinUAE back in 99 and remember getting excited about downloading 1 adf over 2 days, lol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 04:15:21 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 05:09:37 PM »
lol, thought I was old, :). I was 5 by then.

Same time I did to. Well, I was using WinUAE back in 99 and remember getting excited about downloading 1 adf over 2 days, lol.

Yep I’m 52 this year. I know I should also be acting it as well 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏻