Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SabreMSN 0.68 released with personal avatar support  (Read 987 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
SabreMSN 0.68 released with personal avatar support
« on: March 31, 2010, 06:50:36 AM »
A new version of SabreMSN has been released. 0.68 alpha brings the  ability to select your own avatar, fixes various bugs and has a slight  UI change.

At the time of posting, only an OS4 package is  available.

OS4Depot link

Please read the .readme  for more information than just the changelog.

2010-03-28:  Alpha 68

- Users can choose their own Avatar now.
-  Windows/tabs will not open when a switchboard connects. Instead, they  will open when someone types
  to you. This way, the switchboards  that are opened to download your avatar will not bother people.
-  Default graphics is shown when the user has no avatar to download. I  dont know how to do graphics.
  Any volunteers to make me a better  one?
- The "Close Tab" text button has been replaced with graphics,  but it looks very ugly.
  Any volunteers to make me a better one?
-  Avatar cache bugfixed a bit. It was downloading a new avatar for each  new switchboard session. It didnt use
  the "downoad/dont download"  variable properly. No point in a cache then eh!
- "Dont use direct  connection" messages were sent over and over before. It's now only sent  once.
- Temporary/currently downloading avatars are stored in  progdir:cache/trash/ and cleaned on startup, and
  avatars are  renamed into the cache/trash/ dir if they cant be deleted, to get around  issues of locked files
  in some circumstances.
- The toolbar  automatically hides the borders and text, to make it look more handsome.

Original news item thanks to MickJT from amigaworld.net
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: SabreMSN 0.68 released with personal avatar support
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:47:17 AM »
Last time I tried it on OS4.1, it failed to log in but sat there using 100% CPU instead. Will give this version a go.
int p; // A