Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA  (Read 18617 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
1) Would you consider some non-x86 HW, like the upcoming Efika i.MX6 from Genesi?

2) Do you feel at liberty to sell products with AROS bundled, in products branded Amiga? 2b) Or sell products to re-distributors who bundles the HW with AROS?

3) If I understood things right, You have put up an idea of third party system builders can buy a branded case (of your selection) from you and build whatever custom combination of HW inside it, for their local marke? Is that correct? 3b) Can this be "turned around", i.e. say that I already have a product using a cool custom case I have had designed, can you allow branding on those for a fee?

4) Could you describe exactly how the legal situation stands regarding the brand names (Commodore, Amiga, with associated marks like "Boing Ball" etc), and licenses and ownership's thereof?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »
Quote from: number6;686954
From post #1 stating the purpose, I don't see where anyone dismissed that idea.
"Please send over the questions. Include every possible topic you want."
To me this means staff would send to Barry what "they want".
That notion does not negate what Barry stated either.
"I will answer EVERY question submitted, no exceptions, and absolutely nothing is off the table."
This means all questions "sent by staff" will be answered.

To me, it seems like a complete rip-off of AW.net's glory days, just past the exodus/split, when Mike Bouma, Mikey C et al held court, and would offer regular "question sessions" with their holiness Barry "Fleecy" Moss and McBill of Amiga Inc... :lol:
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)