Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone know what these cards are? Besides the Ariadne?  (Read 2113 times)

Description:

Offline NlandasTopic starter

• Show all replies
Anyone know what these cards are? Besides the Ariadne?
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Amiga Cards on Ebay - Seller doesn't know what they are.

I know the Ariadne is a NIC with CAT5. The others look custom modified with wires. DPM? Digial Processor Module? With customer headers on them for what I don't know.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

• Show all replies
Re: Anyone know what these cards are? Besides the Ariadne?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »
Interesting, thanks guys. Might be something neat to go into an Amiga museum somewhere. Surprising that the cards aren't labeled more or known about.

-Nyle

• Show all replies
Re: Anyone know what these cards are? Besides the Ariadne?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »

JetFireDX wrote:
...custom medical imaging system...

That could be the HDI-1000 from ATL. It is an Ultrasound machine. They have been discussed on here before. ATL (Now absorbed by Phillips Medical) is down the hill from me and I worked a short time there. They built their own custom Amiga 4000's that ran the machines. (They had licenses from everybody before Commodore died.)

HDI-1000

Can we get this information to the Big Book of Amiga Hardware so that they can provide the information with the cards. The eBay link I provided has the text that the seller could find on the cards. If this was also added to the database, would mean anyone searching google for those numbers in the future would find the story of the Amiga being used as an Ultrasound machine.

-Nyle