Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quake error on Ami 4000  (Read 1227 times)

Description:

Offline PlazTopic starter

Quake error on Ami 4000
« on: September 23, 2003, 03:36:42 AM »
Anyone a guru on quake for amiga around here? This was working fine after my installation (2 years ago). When I try to run it now it starts the server page but then bombs with the message "Texture ***NULL POINTER*** is not 16 aligned". Maybe I have my screen set too high in resolution and color? This is on an Ami 4000 with cyberstorm III 060/66mhz Picasso IV 2meg chip with 80meg fast. And yup its a real copy I bought from clickboom with serial if your wondering. (I'll send a photo with my mug and the cd case if ya need proof :-)

Offline Matt_H

Re: Quake error on Ami 4000
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 04:39:12 AM »
If you think it's a video problem, try setting it to basic resolution: 320x200x8. Failing that, reinstall. Failing that, try one of the open source versions of Amiga Quake. There's at least one on Aminet.

Are you running from an icon or the cli?

Offline PlazTopic starter

Re: Quake error on Ami 4000
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 05:41:04 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I've tried from both the icon and cli after re-install. I get the quake server screen..... setting this, setting that, setting picasso 320*200 ..... then it freezes. If I run from a command line then I dump back to workbench. If I go from the Icon, then only a reboot frees it up. I'll try some other screen settings and then aminet if I have to.

Plaz