Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's the current deal  (Read 1947 times)

Description:

Offline alexTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.never2funky.com
What's the current deal
« on: December 04, 2003, 12:57:34 AM »
Ok, I haven't seen it posted or asked in a while, but what is the current state of affairs?

Who's doing what and when is the new AmigaOS 4 or MorphOS speculated to hit the street?

Your answers can be totally guesses, but tell me why you think it to be that way.  

It's pretty clear from what I'm reading that the authors will never tell and when someone speculates, they often lash out at them telling them to stop spreading false statements, but since they won't say, then wide speculation is all we are left with.

Also, do any application developers have early versions?

Are we to see any serious new features?  I don't mean the never seen, often felt, under the hood type things.  I mean from the user perspective, what more can I do that I wasn't able to do before.

Are there any real apps for it in the pipeline?  I would think that the most critical to make it successful would be:  Web Development tool, a good JRE, a good development tool and IDE (not just gcc and golded), adobe tools, office suite, strong graphics tools, music jukebox.  And of course finally a modern web broswer.

It seems clear to me that if at the end of the day, we just have the same-old same-old just running on new hardware with the same old outdated apps, what would be the fun in that?

Ok, flame it up!

-Alex

-Alex

Offline alexTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.never2funky.com
Re: What's the current deal
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 02:43:52 AM »
Thank you VERY much for the State of the Amiga!

It seems like the application list is the most important issue far over and above the actual platforms.

The list of current, projected, and desired apps should be started somewhere.

-Alex