Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls  (Read 14006 times)

Description:

Offline whabang

• Show all replies
Re: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls
« on: January 27, 2004, 07:24:01 AM »
I think that one of the causes to the degeneration of the DMZ is athat we're loosing regulars - fast.
T-bone is gone (what happened to him anyway?), EyeAm(sp?)  is gone, Mips is gone, Coder, Rodney, Kronos, and several others atr rarely here anymore.
This means that the discussions cannot be the same anymore; there are new kids on the block.

I think that most people are fed up with the political discussions for a while. This has allways come and gone in waves, all depending on the foreign politics of the US. :-) Those discussions allways ended up in a big argument between Glaccus, KennyR and Iamaboringperson anyway...

I think that a small ammount of crapflooding should be allowed (WEEEEEEEEKEEEEEND!!! :-P), but during the last few weeks things has turned to the extreme; threads like "sumner7's picture paradise" is kinda rediculous(sp?).

I think that the moderator's should use their common sense and shut down that totally lack substance. Filling double-post threads are fun (gotta love Punkie's sis! :-D), but they quickly take up a lot of space. Pointless flamewars should be stopped at once.

In general I think that a little more active moderation could help, allthough I'm sure that the problem will go away after a while.

Whew! That has to be the longes thread I've typed for a while!
Beating the dead horse since 2002.