Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 060 or PPC  (Read 3105 times)

Description:

Offline colinstuTopic starter

• Show all replies
060 or PPC
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:10:12 AM »
What is faster (more prefered, etc) a 68060 or a PPC processor? (for the 1200).

Also what is the recommened amount of RAM for a 1200? (Good amount, not a useless amount but neither not enough).

Can I get Amiga 1200's from other places besides eBay? (cheapily too. $0.00-$100 [I would acctually want 0-50$]).

If all goes to plan I would want to put it in a DBOX 1200. The case looks very nice, lots of expansion (vs. keeping it in the amiga 1200 case) and it is already modded. And also are there any places that I can get this cheaper? (vs. $100 somthing)

And also would the Linksys WUSB54G USB device work with this? Or a Linksys wi-fi card? Wi-fi card at all?

-Colin Stuart

• Show all replies
Re: 060 or PPC
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »
Where could I buy a 060 upgrade card?(besides ebay?).

Also, I know that people've got Optical drives and Hard drives to work, but are they SCSI or IDE? I know the 1200 has a pin connector to the left of the board the people plug-in a spliter thing, and then connect there drives with it. Could somebody tell me more about that?

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:58 PM »
And here are maybe the last questions...

How do you install AmigaOS 3.9? (easy, hard, etc) Do you use the 3.1 ROM for that to work?

Any recommened CPU upgrade cards? Recommened CD-ROM drives/CD-RW/DVD/HDs.

Can you play MP3s or streaming video on 060s?

Also what up w/ those fast IDE things (snap on through ROM chips)?

And about Harddrives, does there have to be some special amiga drive? Or could I just use some old Maxtor 2GB drive I have?

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 11:57:53 PM »
I just looked on ebay, and found 1 blizzard card and it was ~$250! Is there cheaper way to buy this?

Who owns Amiga? Why doesn't anyone make these cards anymore? There lots of Amiga users, it looks like, and if compaines only made so many of something, thats it. Now ownly people who have them can sell them. These parts are slowly breaking, and soon there wont be anything left. Then we're going to be stuck w/ amigaOne. Why doesn't some company start reproducing amigas (maybe with mods builtin?)? That would be cool, get a brand new amiga (dont have to worry about battery, old/dieing parts, etc).