Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKit for Real Amiga Released  (Read 5502 times)

Description:

Offline JohnFante

• Show all replies
Re: AmiKit for Real Amiga Released
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Quote from: Retrofan;724889
Hi:
3) Edit: Sorry but it seems no. Wait till I fix this, but it seems there is a problem with extracting the zip file and keeping the atributes of the files. You only can make this if you first unpack the files on your pc (to your pcmcia for example). I will fix that with another file lha and an script:

EDIT:Thomas has helped me making an installation without emulation with a simple script, so you won't have to be using but the partition from where you are booting with OS39 and you only will have to click on an icon. I hope this will be soon ready to download and use it if I get this working.

So you would not - on this first release - recommend this procedure??

1. Installing on WinUAE on top of fresh OS3.9 BB2
2. Compressing with winrar
3. Transferring the file to real Amiga (i use both 4.1 and 3.9) and extracting to and empty partition (putting the 060 libs that it needs).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:28:01 AM by JohnFante »
Booooiiiing!!!!

Offline JohnFante

• Show all replies
Re: AmiKit for Real Amiga Released
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Quote from: Retrofan;725020
I don't know if you can make it with a rar file. As long as you talk about using WinUAE you can compress the unpacked Amikit installer as LZX and later in the Amiga uncompress it over the other partition with OS39.

I'm trying now using an LZX file and I will make another installer without emulation that will work with just a click and you only will need one partition (with OS39) to boot from. Anyway if you have room on your Pcmcia Cf you can extract in Windows the files there and on the Amiga copy them over your OS39 partition if you have dopus. You can't make this but when you have two partitions, or unprotecting the files if you just have one. My new installer will make all, and it's almost ready.

Anyway extracting the files on Windows takes 10 minutes. On the Amiga it will take much more.

I copied the archive over a OS3.9 install and checked it in WinUAE. Closed down. Compressed as a zip file with WINRAR. Copied the files over to my 4000D, CSPPC, Mediator with Radeon 9250, SB128 and ethernet (I only have SCSI-HD's).

Extracted on OS4.1 to the relevant partition. Copied 68040 and 68060 librarys and changed the EMERGENCY_CD file in DEVS/DOS-drivers to my SCSI-CDROM.

Booted fine and without any problems :-)

However! I can not get my Radeon working.

I have copied all the relevant Mediator files and installed Picasso (latest version) but when I boot I get a "Picasso96:Could not open rtg.library" error.

As far as I can see everything is as it should be compared to my normal OS3.9 install where it works fine. Just to be sure I updated rtg.library to the latest version also.

Anybody else have this problems/suggestions?

I am also posting this at the official support thread to keep things together.

And thank you Retrofan  :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:53:34 AM by JohnFante »
Booooiiiing!!!!