Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit and their customer service...  (Read 43701 times)

Description:

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
Re: Amigakit and their customer service...
« Reply #104 from previous page: December 30, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
I was checking Amigakit's site, and it says:

"The floppy drive is compatible with various revisions of Amiga motherboards and fits into any standard 3.5" bay."

If your tower isnt a standard 3.5" bay, then obviously wont fit.

This is how an infinitiv tower looks like in the front:

and this is the floppy drive's picture on amiga kit:

Offline amiga_3k

• Show only replies by amiga_3k
    • http://www.elf8.nl
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
Take a good look at the picture of the Infinitiv... the eject-buttons don't stick out equally where they actually should. Seems that Mikronik didn't have two of the same drives when shooting the advertising pictures ;-).
Get a SAM, while you can! The new AMIGA is here!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »
@ Everblue,

Actually, that's not the drive he bought.  That's the drive in the link I posted that I thought he should have bought because I assumed his tower was like the Elbox/Power tower.  It's also the sort of drive that the makes of that tower should have designed the case for.  :-)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »

A1260 wrote:
@ffastback

its clearly here that IT IS necessary and amigakit is pissing in the wind... amigakit should layflat fix the text and move on, its as easy as that.

How do you figure that?  The webpage is quite clear from the start.  The information at checkout is very clear on top of that.  And even though his return policy (that is also clear on the website) does not indicate that he needed to take the drives back he was willing to anyway as a gesture of good service.  You are asking him to fix something that is not broken.  

you dont start a 11 pages discussion about it, period!

Painkiller started this thread.  Not Amigakit.  Would you have someone tell you how to run your business, even after you kindly gave the opinion due consideration, but just did not agree with it?  And you tried honestly to resolve the issue by allowing a return you normally do not allow?  Painkiller took extra steps to gain sympathy, saying its approx 43 euros to send back when it could be sent back for 20 something and to rub salt in the wound he wanted Amigakit to pay the higher price on its way back.  For what, spite?  Give me a break.  The only alternative he gave was that he keep the drives but get approx 20 euro for his "trouble".  Then he curses Amigakit out in email when these demands are not met.

Amigakit has other customers to think about as well and he dosen't want to confuse the info on the page based on his response.  Thats a valid opinion and his prerogative to hold.  Personally if I were Amigakit I'd choose a wording middle-ground.  I think just saying "New compatible A600/A1200 floppy drives - drive mechanisms may vary" was the best suggestion.  But its his business.

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:02 AM »
@Painkiller

Sorry but IMHO, you made the mistake when ordering the parts in the first place - you have no excuse for not checking suitability for your tower ... suck it up and move on.

@Amigakit

You still rock!

Nuff said  :-)
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Amigadude

• Show only replies by Amigadude
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »
Not saying Amigakit are in the wrong but a line something like:

"please contact us regarding fitment in anything other than standard A600/A1200 cases"

in their description would cover not being able to test every possible casing option.
Amigadude AKA JohnN

Apple is like God.... I  don't mind either, it's just their fan clubs that put me off

In order use preference:
A1200, PiStorm32 Lite, RPi3B+ & ne2000 networking
RPi400 running PiMiga3.0
CD32, TF328 & 8GB CF
A mac mini running MorphOS
A1200, Z4 tower, Buffered IDE, DVDRW & 8GB CF
A500
A500+ (Battery damaged)
A600
A1200 mobo (Dead, black screen)
2xCD32

Offline kolla

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2008, 01:35:59 AM »
Btw... anyone happen to  have a spare "expansion" for Infinitiv? Mine isnt tall enough with both zorro board and the Blizzard inside :-)

http://amiga.nvg.org/moro/infinitiv-daneel-2.jpg  :roll:
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2008, 02:01:22 AM »

kolla wrote:
Btw... anyone happen to  have a spare "expansion" for Infinitiv? Mine isnt tall enough with both zorro board and the Blizzard inside :-)

http://amiga.nvg.org/moro/infinitiv-daneel-2.jpg  :roll:

You just couldn't let this thread slip off the front page huh? :crazy:

Offline Lorraine

• Show only replies by Lorraine
/
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 02:16:48 AM »
/

Offline RRunner

• Show only replies by RRunner
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2008, 02:27:16 AM »
OMG - That was entertaining! That was the most fun I've had since Christmas morning! Hahaha! Well maybe not but hey, let's milk a little more out of this by putting it to a web poll! And if anyone is still reading this, I think that Painkiller was totally in the wrong! AmigaKit FTW...

:popcorn:

-=>The RoadRunner<=-
A2000 030/40Mhz, 8Mb RAM, 1GB HD
AmiKit

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2008, 03:32:07 AM »
Wow. Now, maybe I'm missing something here (that's a very long thread for 3am!), but what if AmigaKit were selling original drives as fitted to 1200s? What if you bought one of these drives, Painkiller, and it didn't fit your tower because it was a modified PC drive that Commodore or Escom fitted over 15 years ago? What would you say then? It's obvious the Infinitiv tower is badly designed to depend on the exact layout of one specific model of drive. There's nothing wrong with the AmigaKit description. It says "Mechanisms vary". Right away that would start alarm bells ringing for me if I was looking to use it in a non-standard way, as you are. If anyone's description is lacking it's the one you have of your Infinitiv tower, saying that it will accept all A1200 drives. It won't, whether they're modded PC drives as fitted by Commodore or Escom, or by third parties. Neither Commodore, Escom, or any third party has ever intended these drives for anything other than internal use in an A1200/600.

Really, you need to pay a lot more attention when you're dealing with a DIY hobby with parts spanning decades like this. Consider it a lesson which will serve you well in the future.
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline PainkillerTopic starter

• Show only replies by Painkiller
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »
@MODS
This thread may be removed.

We have come to an agreement between Amigakit and have found a solution to my problem.

Offline baxyp

• Show only replies by baxyp
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »
Btw, can you boot demodisks from those drives ? I bought couple of drivers about a year ago after my internal A1200 drive died, one from another online supplier, one from amigakit. They looked the same and the mod seemed to be the same too, so I shelved the amigakit one and used the other. I had to modify it further to enable booting demos, soldered a diode somewhere...
A500+ 2M Chip/4M Fast GVP A500-HD8+ 40M,PC286
A1200 2M Chip/64M Fast, Blizzard 1260@50, 2,5\\" IDE HD 40G

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
I want to take this opportunity to thank Amigakit for their services. They are friendly, fast, and supportive - at least with all my orders =^-^=

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »

Everblue wrote:
I want to take this opportunity to thank Amigakit for their services. They are friendly, fast, and supportive - at least with all my orders =^-^=

I'll second all of that!  AmigaKit has always helped when asked and made more than good on any issues I've encountered.  Heck, they aren't even rude when you ask dumb questions!   :-D

Offline Scottish_Chris

• Show only replies by Scottish_Chris
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »
:bump::bump:

Having been away from the AMiGA scene for 11 years, I've come back and decided to resurrect my miggy's, which have languishing in a cupboard for all that time.  
Now all the retailers from back in the day are gone and only Amigakit remain, so I've put all my faith in them and ordered lots of replacement bits n' bobs over the last week or so and all I can say is the service thus far has been superb.

I look forward to buying lots more bits n' bobs and maybe an X1000 in the future.