Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vampire 4 Standalone Mass Produced units in stock and ready to ship  (Read 5527 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00Topic starter

• Show only replies by Crom00
Hi folks,
Happy New Year!
A quick note from Apollo TEAM that the Vampire 4 Standalone Plus Pack is in stock and ready to ship 3 days from order placement via UPS Express from Germany.
All outstanding orders have been shipped and we have a new batch in and ready to go.
visit www.apollo-computer.com to order.

Check out this sales sheet for details and product configuration photos.
https://imgur.com/B0iF41B
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:43:25 PM by Crom00 »

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Re: Vampire 4 Standalone Mass Produced units in stock and ready to ship
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 10:53:09 PM »
What are the import tax implications into the Uk since the travesty of Brexit ?
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

The following users thanked this post: AJCopland

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:00:10 AM »
Travesty indeed! But we have a trade deal so I don't really follow. Heaven forbid we should be able to trade with EU without having to send ineffectual MEPs to Brussels and/or Strasbourg that only 37% of eligible UK voters could be bothered to vote for. The most uninspiring, bureaucratic and democracy deficient institution ever devised by democracy loving states would be how I would assess it! I would happily pay an extra £2 on P&P for a Vampire if it meant not spending another 47 years politically shackled to the EU. However, if you're living under the Welsh Assembly then inefficient overly controlling bureaucracy is the order of the day I guess? ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:01:09 AM by BozzerBigD »
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 01:49:56 AM »
Looks like a nice kit, will take a bit to save for but, with my luck all will be gone by then, sigh.

about $800 here, hmmm.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:03:42 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:08:03 AM »
Looks foolproof!  :D My kind of Miggy!

I went on a 15 year Amiga shopping spree....   gotta pass....  but I still want it!  ;D
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 03:20:56 AM »
What ROM is being used, 3.1 or 3.14?
Is this set for 60Hz and ntsc for USA sales?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:10:21 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline hishamk

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 09:57:01 AM »
This is amazing. Congratulations on ramping up production.

THIS needs to be an official Amiga product. Not the obsolete/pedestrian hardware we've been peddled for the last two decades: I mean, if you're going to stick to a "vintage" processor (and yes, PowerPC IS vintage for desktop computers at this point in time), you might as well stick to a souped up 68k. It's not 1999 anymore and the future isn't PowerPC.

It would be great if an agreement of some sort could be reached with Cloanto to package an official ROM from the get go. Not sure about the brand trademarks though for "Amiga" - that's probably a mess to get at right now.

P.S. I do own a few PPC machines and I appreciate the work that both the AmigaOS 4.1 and MorphOS teams have done and I do support them to the extent of paying for licenses and updates - but I am not interested in purchasing new PPC hardware to run these OSs since I don't see the point of peddling a dead horse (PPC).

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:02:59 AM by hishamk »
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA

Offline NinjaCyborg

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »
It comes flashed with a AROS ROM but you can change that for any ROM image of your own, including custom ones.

It's HDMI out, so the concept of NTSC or PAL is irrelevant

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 03:40:55 PM »
Would not even know how to "reflash" such a thing. Would be nice to be able to request a 3.14 ROM with coffin.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:35:41 AM by QuikSanz »

Offline NinjaCyborg

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 04:36:24 PM »
The instructions are dead easy, and on their website, and they include a tool to do it from the command line. Seriously, if you're still using an Amiga in 2021, you won't have a problem doing that.

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 11:39:37 PM »
You mean no extra items needed at all? No Jtag programmer, nothing extra?

Also must have analogue joystick support on the 9 pin joypad port, I'm a flight sim junkie!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:21:57 AM by QuikSanz »

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 11:24:53 PM »
It ships with an ApolloOS rom but there is a maprom feature that will put os 3.X rom into the core.
Since the Amiga situation has once again become a legal quagmire the kit ships with ApolloOS an Aros forked version to support 68K and the 68080 core.
IF you have purchased your own rom you can kindly flash it and use whatever flavor of os 3.X you wish.
Flashing new cores is done via a $10 USB flasher.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 11:29:23 PM »
You can use the maprom feature to flash your own roms at startup. A line can be added into the startup sequence and place the rom into the folder shown in the documentation. Easy to setup.
This allows the team to ship with free and open APOLLO OS Aros based solution and allow the costumer to take .hdf files and simply convert them to .img files for imaging to CF or SD cads. I do this all the time as a tester and fan of the Vampire range.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 11:31:53 PM »
There is no need to make it official really al ties to original sources are cut. The chipset is completely reversed and preserved for the future. The same is being done to the OS where AROS has been forked into a free and open solution. Should the IP holders ever resolve whatever legal issues they have the Vampire supports those OS options as well

Offline kamelito

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »
If the chipset is completely reversed why non of the FPGA implementation aren’t compatible with the demos/games 100% for a given chipset?