Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS: Blizzard 2060  (Read 10484 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: FS: Blizzard 2060
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
@arkanoid

So, are you selling me your car to me for 30% of it's actual value? Thought not.

I can understand your vested interest in maintaining high prices, but this is not YOUR sale. Show a little decency towards the Amiga "community" and leave your money grabbing for eBay, pls.

The guy who joined 2007/2/5 and has 132 posts is telling the guy who joined 2002/2/15 and has 8992 posts what decency is in the Amiga "community"?  :crazy:

Grow the F up, junior.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:30:28 PM »
Wow, Red - you really do have a slanted view of things, huh?

Guess money grubbing will do that to you.

Quantity of posts<>decency no relevance whatsoever. Some of us joined later for different reasons.

And we're not talking about autos here. We're talking about a certain computer that DOES indeed hold a certain status/cult with most of its users.

Do you or would you hang out in an auto forum preaching your greedy economics? And then try to sell autos? Maybe you should. You're starting to sound more like a used car salesman by the minute.  

Offline arkanoid

• Show only replies by arkanoid
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
Redromola:

More like the guy who hasn't turned his leisure-time and hobby into an enterprise, telling the guy who clearly has.

I recently offered my Blizzard 030 for £105 on Amibay, in full knowledge that I could have got about £150 for it on eBay. Unfortunately, none of the users of Amibay wanted it. So I listed it on eBay and got £170. I put my money where my mouth is.

And, btw, "junior" - one of the clearest signs of immaturity is to consider money to be the most important thing in life.

:roll:
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 07:38:25 PM »
What sense does it make for you to chime in with a peanut gallery comment such as the one you made? "waaaaay to cheap".

Last time I checked, this is a discussion forum.

Oh that's right... because you're an opportunist with an agenda that wants to ensure that ridiculous prices for this stuff keeps on flowing for *you*.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If I am getting so damn rich and is this so damn easy, why aren't YOU doing it for cheaper? Grab up all those lots of rare hardware and sell 060 cards for $50. Oh wait, that takes effort. Much easier to complain instead of taking initiative.

How would you like it if someone responded to some of your outrageous prices with: "waaaay too much"?? Or how about : "Red... why don't you give *something* back to the community since the community are often times the one that HELPS you out with hardware/software probs"? Getting free advice from experts or parts you need here, just so you can gouge ePay clients, is tacky to say the least (not saying you've done nothing for the community). Or dangling some of your wares around like a carrot, knowing full well they're going to ePay in seconds...

Another newbie storming in making wild accusations  :crazy:

This topic has been beaten to death time and time again. Religion? Hell no. Reality and sensibility? Hell yes. You're on a much different wavelength than some of us, that's all. If you want to continue gouging all day long on ePay - then that is your right. Some of us just know better. Some are afraid to speak up. Some might even "worship" you. lol Or as I've said before... some of us are not as "resourceful" as you. Sometimes we can be though. Thanks for trying to ruin that for *some* of us. Who knows, maybe someday, you'll look back and feel differently about some of these things. We all do from time to time and its part and parcel to the life experience.  My apologies to everyone here that feel the need to continually suck up to Jim. I've not felt the need to behave that way since grade school

You are obviously someone who has not read the posting guidelines. I'd think after 2 years you could get around to reading it. Personal insults are not allowed.

BTW welcome to my blocked bidder list.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »

save2600 wrote:
And we're not talking about autos here. We're talking about a certain computer that DOES indeed hold a certain status/cult with most of its users.

That says it all, really.

Offline arkanoid

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
Much easier to complain instead of taking initiative.

"waaaaay too cheap" - you're the only one complaining. We don't post in your "FS: eBay" threads complaining that YOUR prices are too high. Yet you complain the moment you see someone sell an item cheaper than you personally would have sold it for.

Funny tho, I doubt you would have been complaining if you got to the card first. And I doubt the fact that you purchased it for half your asking price would have been mentioned in the listing either.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »

arkanoid wrote:
Redromola:

More like the guy who hasn't turned his leisure-time and hobby into an enterprise, telling the guy who clearly has.

I recently offered my Blizzard 030 for £105 on Amibay, in full knowledge that I could have got about £150 for it on eBay. Unfortunately, none of the users of Amibay wanted it. So I listed it on eBay and got £170. I put my money where my mouth is.

No, putting your money where your mouth is would be to refund the difference to the high bidder.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

arkanoid wrote:
"waaaaay too cheap" - you're the only one complaining. We don't post in your "FS: eBay" threads complain.

Yet you complain the moment you see someone sell an item cheaper than you personally would have sold it for.

Funny tho, I doubt you would have been complaining if you got to the card first.

Did I ask to buy it? No. This is a discussion forum, and I made a off the cuff comment in passing. People usually make comments in discussion forums.

I don't buy single items off discussion forums for resale, but if thinking that makes you feel warm and fuzzy go with it. Did I complain? How can a 3 word posting be complaining? Again reading into it what you want to read into it.

And for the record, I get tons of complainers in my FS threads.

Offline arkanoid

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »

redrumloa wrote:
No, putting your money where your mouth is would be to refund the difference to the high bidder.

Why would I do that? A far easier thing to do would have been for me to list it on eBay for the same price I listed it on Amibay (£105), but then that would have increased the likelihood of an opportunistic eBay "trader" (like yourself) purchasing and then reselling for a profit.

I listed it cheaply on Amibay first because, generally, only real enthusiasts use the site.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline save2600

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Your sentence of "waaay to cheap" is not a 'discussion'. It was a spiteful insult w/ an agenda perceived by anyone with any sense.  

I'm blocked from your ePay auctions? Now you're really stooping and showing your maturity. Perhaps you're not as greedy as we thought since *my* money is longer "good". Oh well, no loss. No loss at all.

(using the example of 'getting around to reading the posting rules')... Mom! Red just blocked me from using eBay! Hmm... sure seems communistic to me. Didn't you just say you were not a communist?

Offline arkanoid

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »
Redromola: anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing with you. I'm sure, deep down, you know that your initial snipe was wrong. It's just a pity that you lack the maturity to admit it.
Peg2/G4/MorphOS
Amiga A1200/060

Offline broken

• Show only replies by broken
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »
Lets all just take a breather here and have a good laugh:

There, now don't you feel better?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 07:56:33 PM »

save2600 wrote:
I'm blocked from your ePay auctions? Now you're really stooping and showing your maturity. Perhaps you're not as greedy as we thought since *my* money is longer "good". Oh well, no loss. No loss at all.

Nope, you are exactly the type of person who would buy an item, get it in perfect condition at the price clearly listed, and then leave an anonymous poor star rating because you felt you paid too much. You've made it very clear what you think. I don't need customers like that, it harms my ability to do business.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »

arkanoid wrote:
Redromola: anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing with you. I'm sure, deep down, you know that your initial snipe was wrong. It's just a pity that you lack the maturity to admit it.

Amazing, talk about pot calling kettle black!

Offline save2600

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
Red,

In response to you {bleep}ing about not getting rich and this NOT being an easy venture for you... do you really think you are helping a community out by buying low and selling high to *it*?  

Nobody said or cares if your "job" is easy. That is totally irrelevant. In fact, in some ways, I'd say that YOU are counterproductive to this very hobby.

But I should stop there. There are those that agree, those that disagree and those that just don't care. I didn't mean for this to turn so ugly. Like I said, you are you and I am I. Different wavelengths on how we feel about things - obviously.

Only judgement here is that you make it obvious that you're an opportunist and your comment of "waaay to cheap" was totally uncalled for.

I still think, IMO, you should be in a business that offers higher returns. Instead of carrying on with a mentality that has plagued Amiga computing since its inception. Really. Since you seem to have a great handle on the economics of things, I think you'd choose to devote your time and effort on something more productive monetarily. Auto's and Real Estate for instance.

Unless of course, you're buying up large lots of Amiga gear for pennies on the dollar. Don't be insulted. The auto industry was and is forever grilled about how much money they make. Does anyone respect the American auto industry - especially since they begged for a handout we all know was and will be futile? Your defensive stance reminds me of the 3 execs flying in to Congress on their private jets.  lol   Just plain silly and an example of adults not knowing how to conduct themselves - no matter how many posts they may have contributed.  lol

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 31, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »

save2600 wrote:
Red,

In response to you {bleep}ing about not getting rich and this NOT being an easy venture for you... do you really think you are helping a community out by buying low and selling high to *it*?  

What the hell are you talking about? Again with the redrumloa is rich bit :lol: My kids have the right to eat the same as you kids, if you have kids. Again, anyone who thinks I am getting fabulously rich and what I am doing is so incredibly easy is a strange bird indeed. If it is so easy, why aren't YOU doing it for a more "community friendly" price? You too can get rich, but being more "fair".

Also you are still going on like I am buying single items from a discussion forum to mark them up on eBay. I can guarantee this is pure fantasy.

-edit-
Just re-read your post, did you edit it? I got a slightly different message second time around. I enjoy using and selling retro parts usually, except the rare times when people who are jealous or whatever start making wild accusations. The vast majority of my customers appreciate the service I provide. I do it for that reason, but I also believe in making a return on my investments.