Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale  (Read 8864 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies

ferrellsl wrote:
Oh, come on.  This guy is just another scam artist trying to make a quick buck.....and Americans never start a message with "Greetings all" and end a message with "Cheers".  He could be a transplant though, but I doubt it.

Anonymous, former West Chester big executive, who worked at the headquarters in the pro arena!  Bah!  What a load of crap!  If he really had anything worth buying,  and was legit, he'd be well known, not hide his identity and tell you exactly what he was selling.  This is like some guy in a trench coat on the street corner trying to sell me "real Rolex" watches.

His user ID is one day old with a grand total of 2 posts.  Yeah, real active in the Amiga community....NOT!

BTW, I hear he also has beach-front property located in Arizona that will be auctioned on eBay along with his "insider" materials and memorabilia.

You are entitled to your opinion and are allowed the right to be skeptical, however your tone is that of a personal attack which is against Amiga.org TOS.

As for a personal point of view, I understand why you would be sleptical. We have had our long string of hoaxes and frauds. However, if we runoff every single person because we refuse to believe they are who they say they are, we will lose good people. Innocent until proven guilty.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
I guess this is somewhat on-topic here. Someone is selling an alleged Commodore 64 Prototype serial #21 on eBay. Dave Haynie has stated he believes it is probably real.

@Christopher

If you have rare items to sell, now may be a good time. The market seems receptive.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »

AmigaMark wrote:
What is a Commodore stock certificate worth?

Probably a few bucks on eBay, not much more. Probably plenty of this useless paper out there, unless most holders disposed of it after C= bankruptcy. Hard to say what the market would bear on eBay until someone tries selling one, I have not seen any lately. I'd guess, not much. Maybe a few dollars.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: listing mis(t)ing
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »

Plaz wrote:
Did I miss the list you posted? What all stuff do you have?

He said he had posted some pics in the Misc section of images gallery here. They've not been approved yet when I checked a few minutes ago.

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?c=16

Plaz

There are no pictures pending approval :-?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 02:01:06 PM »

CBMer wrote:

There are no pictures pending approval :-?

No? Well, I just did it again. Is it there now?

There is one picture already approved HERE. Did you submit multiple, or just one? Anyhow great picture! Please don't take it personally that some have grilled you for no apparent reason. There is a long history in the Amiga community of frauds, scams, hoaxes, vaporware and other nefarious behaviour It has become acceptable to reject reject everything until proof is given.  HERE is a perfect example of an impersonation.

@all
Those of you giving this gentlman a hard time, I think an apology is in order.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »

CBMer wrote:
So, okay -- let's play. Now that I've shown you the pic of materials, how does that prove anything about me actually being that guy? I'm sure the paranoid among you have already craftily been harboring that doubt, eh?

No it is not a slam dunk making you the guy, but it should be enough to give you the benefit of doubt IMO. most fakes and scammers never provide any proof. Usually quite lazy.

Here are some prior fakes:

I-Win
That is not the oldest pages, they must have been removed from the archive. In the late 90's this hoax/fraud actually got mainstream news attention like THIS.

Vaporware list HERE.

Garry Hare Amiga CEO or not business card scandal. This guy was handing out cards calling himself CEO and Amiga Inc later denied it in a press release. Infighting in the Kommunity got very nasty over this issue. Really, you'd have to be there to know why. Anyhow the card turned out to be true and the guy was handing them out. The current Amiga Inc is the worst offender concerning nefarious activites.

There is plenty more, too much to list. I havn't even touched on the scams that people lost money on. Grapevine LLC investment requests a few years back. pre-orders galore on products that never shipped like BoXeR (1-3 thousand dollars per scammed person), CyberStormG3/G4 & BlizzardG3/G4 (about $1,000 each person). Amiga Inc Coupon and Party Pack infamous promotions.. I will leave that there..

Just make yourself at home, we are happy to have you.