Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale  (Read 8812 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Any chance you've got the Hedley Davis Memorial Disk Drive featured in Dave Haynie's Deathbed Vigil? It would be great to see if that made it out of West Chester :-)

Offline Matt_H

Re: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:34:24 PM »
@ ferrellsl

Oh, come on. I'm getting sick of newcomers to the scene getting blasted as scam artists right out of the gate. It happened, completely undeservedly, to Dennis and the Minimig, and again to the guy who leaked the files to boot OS4 on the MacMini (though the legality/morality of that action is a matter of dispute). Ultimately, both items turned out to be real and functional.

So let the guy make his case. If he does turn out to be talking nonsense, you'll have wasted a few minutes reading a thread, nothing more. I welcome the possibility of learning something about the platform's history.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:31:20 PM »
@ ferrellsl

His name is in his profile. And his first post. And so's his email address. I'm not sure I'd call that hiding.

@ number6

...Although that's probably a different guy in your Google link.

Offline Matt_H

Re: listing mis(t)ing
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »

downix wrote:
Ooooo!  Business Cards!  Can I Haz?  8)

Haven't we had enough drama with Amiga business cards already? :lol:

Offline Matt_H

Re: listing mis(t)ing
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:33:28 PM »

CBMer wrote:

Haven't we had enough drama with Amiga business cards already? :lol:

I guess when you did your Search check on me you used only the web, huh?

Haha, no, that was actually a reference to a more recent episode concerning the identity of executives in a recent incarnation of Amiga, Inc. Just a joke of little importance :-)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »
@ CBMer

While my budget will probably inhibit me from buying anything you're offering, I'm definitely glad to see you posting here - it's nice to see someone with a new perspective from the Commodore era. Over the years, we've heard from Dave Haynie and other engineers and members of CATS about the internals of the Big C=. More recently, former CEO Thomas Rattigan has been talking in the book On The Edge and in the Ars Technica article series on Amiga History. So welcome, good sir from Marketing. Please don't pay any attention to the troublemakers, I'd be glad to hear any stories you'd like to share.