Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale  (Read 8801 times)

Description:

Offline AMC258

• Show only replies by AMC258
    • http://www.AMC258.com/
Re: Former West Chester CBM Exec Says "Hello" and hints at Special Sale
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 01:05:38 AM »
Let's at LEAST give him the benefit of the doubt until he actually does something that could even remotely be fraudulent, like say, an actual sale offer!  What's it hurt us if he turns out to be a fraud and says he's going to sell us something and then never takes anyone's money???
AND, I have been known to use colourful phrases like Greetings All, and Cheers, and certainly I am no Brit!  (despite my last name)

Besides, I would gladly shake the hand of any former C='er, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Get up!  Get up!  Get outta here!  GONE!
  - Bob Uecker

Offline Krusher

• Show only replies by Krusher
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 01:14:47 AM »

AMC258 wrote:
Let's at LEAST give him the benefit of the doubt until he actually does something that could even remotely be fraudulent, like say, an actual sale offer! ...

Besides, I would gladly shake the hand of any former C='er, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Just opensource the chipmasks, I still don't believe they are gone, so put them on Aminet  :-D

Oh and some people @ Commodore/Amiga I wish to put my fist into them faces, back in the day. I'm over it now though, but we'll never be friends  :lol:

Offline CBMerTopic starter

• Show only replies by CBMer
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »
LOL! Believe me, I'm... "sensitive" to the issue! '-)

Even worse [is it safe to say yet?] I was a ... marketing exec...

Yeah, I sure took some lumps, before and after that gig. But the fact is, our team was doing really well during our tour of duty. That's why I want to add some scoop to the record and fill in some of the history. But, again, we were in the pro verticals, not consumer. Ironically, the consumer segments shot the most spitballs at us, even as we were making great wins at the time!

But those top dogs DID cut us off at the knees eventually, which DID effectively drain all the lifeblood out of everything we'd managed to get going. So much so, that I went public as something of a turncoat afterward. But that's another rollicking tale for some other time. '-)
[West Chester Headquarters Survivor]

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
At the ugly end, I was invited to jump ship at the Amiga Pro Group and join up with the CDTV gang. I declined. I was pretty deeply entrenched in the realm of various pro markets/communities and applications, personally, and figured I'd stay my course then... even if it led right outa' the door at West Chester and back into the the larger fray. Which is exactly what happened.

I don't think I've got any CDTV hardware around, but I may have some documents and collaterals, if that would be any interest to you.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »

weirdami wrote:
Do you have any Commodore stock certificates?

I Do! :-o
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »

ferrellsl wrote:
Oh, come on.  This guy is just another scam artist trying to make a quick buck.....

His user ID is one day old with a grand total of 2 posts.  Yeah, real active in the Amiga community....NOT!

BTW, I hear he also has beach-front property located in Arizona that will be auctioned on eBay along with his "insider" materials and memorabilia.

LOL. OK Grumpy, will you eat your words if I turn out to be a Real McCoy?

After that slam, you owe me. '-)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »

ferrellsl wrote:
Oh, come on.  This guy is just another scam artist trying to make a quick buck.....and Americans never start a message with "Greetings all" and end a message with "Cheers".  He could be a transplant though, but I doubt it.

Anonymous, former West Chester big executive, who worked at the headquarters in the pro arena!  Bah!  What a load of crap!  If he really had anything worth buying,  and was legit, he'd be well known, not hide his identity and tell you exactly what he was selling.  This is like some guy in a trench coat on the street corner trying to sell me "real Rolex" watches.

His user ID is one day old with a grand total of 2 posts.  Yeah, real active in the Amiga community....NOT!

BTW, I hear he also has beach-front property located in Arizona that will be auctioned on eBay along with his "insider" materials and memorabilia.

You are entitled to your opinion and are allowed the right to be skeptical, however your tone is that of a personal attack which is against Amiga.org TOS.

As for a personal point of view, I understand why you would be sleptical. We have had our long string of hoaxes and frauds. However, if we runoff every single person because we refuse to believe they are who they say they are, we will lose good people. Innocent until proven guilty.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
I guess this is somewhat on-topic here. Someone is selling an alleged Commodore 64 Prototype serial #21 on eBay. Dave Haynie has stated he believes it is probably real.

@Christopher

If you have rare items to sell, now may be a good time. The market seems receptive.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
@CBMer

But that's another rollicking tale for some other time. '-)

Or put it in a book. It might do well. :-)

I don't think I've got any CDTV hardware around, but I may have some documents and collaterals, if that would be any interest to you.

Hardware will always bring the most attention, but then there's folks like me who will be interested in things like docs, manuals, flyers, poster......

I look forward to a list (and pics?)

Plaz

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »

AmigaMark wrote:
What is a Commodore stock certificate worth?

Probably a few bucks on eBay, not much more. Probably plenty of this useless paper out there, unless most holders disposed of it after C= bankruptcy. Hard to say what the market would bear on eBay until someone tries selling one, I have not seen any lately. I'd guess, not much. Maybe a few dollars.

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

Documents are great, on anything Amiga!
Even just CATS stuff would be nice. :)

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »

number6 wrote:
@ferrellsl

No connection?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=commodore+Christopher+Kohler

If this is he, then after being snubbed by AI and thinking I'd found the true community, I'd be a little disheartened.
You?

Nope, just a tragic coincidence! '-)

OK, folks, I just uploaded a pic of some identifying and maybe "credentialing" materials. Take a look and let me know if that works for you.

It's in the Miscellaneous Amiga Items section, titled: CBMer ...

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »

AMC258 wrote:
Let's at LEAST give him the benefit of the doubt until he actually does something that could even remotely be fraudulent ...
AND, I have been known to use colourful phrases like Greetings All, and Cheers, and certainly I am no Brit!  (despite my last name)

Man, aren't ANY of you guys old enough to have started out online during the BBS era and early Usenet? "Cheers" was de rigeur sign-off!!!!

And there WAS no "worldwide web".

Now if I'd said something like "Cheerios" you could get out the mushy tomatoes.

Offline Krusher

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »

CBMer wrote:..

It's in the Miscellaneous Amiga Items section, titled: CBMer ...

Maybe I'm blind but where is that?  :-D

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »

Krusher wrote:
Just opensource the chipmasks, I still don't believe they are gone, so put them on Aminet  :-D

I may need some help. I've got a big box of old disks... with a TON of stuff on 'em. Can't guarantee all what, though, or that they've all magnetically survived all the years. But I'M not going to spend the time checking them all, either. Are you volunteering?

Oh and some people @ Commodore/Amiga I wish to put my fist into them faces, back in the day. I'm over it now though, but we'll never be friends  :lol:

Hey, gimme a chance...

Offline Krusher

« Reply #44 from previous page: February 14, 2008, 06:27:25 PM »

CBMer wrote:
I may need some help. I've got a big box of old disks... with a TON of stuff on 'em. Can't guarantee all what, though, or that they've all magnetically survived all the years. But I'M not going to spend the time checking them all, either. Are you volunteering?

I don't even have a real Amiga (well, yet) but shure, send them over to Holland or get me a ticket to the States :lol:

Hey, gimme a chance...

Unless you are Irvin Gould or that other man I refuse to type his name, you are good with me  :-D