Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German Ebayer - amix68k  (Read 5236 times)

Description:

Offline jimbo100Topic starter

• Show only replies by jimbo100
Re: German Ebayer - amix68k
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »
That's your solution?  Wow that was worth waiting for?  Oh gee I am so excited that you managed to get that all out.  So your solution is to wait for a paypal action which I initiated!

Anyway I offered a solution for the PIV and I offered help for the A4K-board, but you are not willing (or able) to communicate.

Please tell me what these solutions are, either here or via email because to date you have offered me nothing!  You have not offered to help me AT ALL!  

All you have said and I quote from you, "But I cannot be of much help"

Offline amix68k

• Show only replies by amix68k
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:
We have been communicating via eBay. I want you to go through eBay as I told you so everything is recorded, why you don't want to do this is beyond me.

I told you it is hard to find a solution when you only have 1000 charaters for doing so. Why dont you repair your mail system?

But please tell me about this solution you are going on about because you certainly haven't haven't offered me any such thing yet.  All you have told me is that the flicker fixer part you have in your system and when I asked you for a photo you tell me it's now with a friend?

i told you from the begining, that the flicker-fixer dongle is in a system of a friend (the one I won the auction for of the PIV you mentioned in your first post). I have a dongle in my cabinet too, but this is needed for my PIV.

You have told me that you didn't know that the card needed the flicker fixer part otherwise you would have put that in your auction and of course if you had I would not have bought it!

So who is to blame now? I did not know, you did not know? Who has to inform himself, when he bids on an item? I am sory about that, but I simply did not know.

I have told you the A4000 mainboard is dead, I have had this comfirmed by someone else.  He is a tech, I have never said I took it to a shop, you again have assumed incorrectly.  We both don't know whats wrong with it becuase it is lifeless, there are no error messages, colors or anything!

Sorry about me asuming it was a tech shop, How did you test? What did you put in (memory, Zorro-board, etc.). Did you wait a longer time, if you did not connect a IDE-HDD? And so on. Please give me mor detail.

So what is your solution you offer?

Dont you read my mails and ebay-messages?

Here is a quote from my ebay-messages four mails ago:

Sure it was working when pulled, but the FF-Parte remained in the system. You could easyly see that on the pircture.
Besides, I did not know that the small dongle is necessary. If you want to, I can look for the dongle here. The original dongle, that was in the working system, is built in the system with the card of the other auction you quoted at amiga.org.

Bottom Line: I do not want to pull all this in public, so if you ever decide to come back to normal communication, drop me a mail with working repy-to.

Offline amix68k

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:
That's your solution?  Wow that was worth waiting for?  Oh gee I am so excited that you managed to get that all out.  So your solution is to wait for a paypal action which I initiated!

To me this is resonable as we both seem to be biased by our own point of view. I have severe difficulties in arguing with you (which may be my own fault, as I have another point of view on the topic).

Anyway I offered a solution for the PIV and I offered help for the A4K-board, but you are not willing (or able) to communicate.

Please tell me what these solutions are, either here or via email because to date you have offered me nothing!  You have not offered to help me AT ALL!  

Read your ebay messages, read my response above. If this is not enough, I cannot be of much help.

All you have said and I quote from you, "But I cannot be of much help"

That is right, that was a quote from my FIRST (of about 20) mails on the topic.

Offline amix68k

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »
James there is no point in sending emails, that I cannot answer. Maybe you can get into detail what you tried with the A4k-board here. Here are reading some skilled person too.

Or fix your email-account.

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »
I have sent you an email to which you can reply.  I await your solution.

Offline amix68k

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:
I have sent you an email to which you can reply.  I await your solution.

Lets see, I have replied.
Are you not willing to go into technical detail here?

Would you answer my postings?

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »
ok seems you don't want to answer the email I sent.

The Amiga 4000 mainboard has been tried with an A3400 030 CPU board and an A3640 040 board.  (I must add the jumpers are changed each time a different CPU board is installed) Both same result.  I removed all the fast ram from the board you sent and installed the board in an Amiga 4000 case with a daughter board.  I tried two versions of a daughterboard, Rev 1 & B.  I exchanged the chipram with some from my working A4000 in case that was dead.  There were no cards installed in any Zorro slots and only a floppy drive installed.  No hard drive.  The result on each occasion was the same.

Kickstart 3.0 and 3.1 have been tried.  My working A4000 has been pulled apart to see if we can get the mainboard working. I left it sitting on power up for 20 minutes and no go.  

The board failed the powerup self test.
http://home.nikocity.de/rs/A4k-HW3.html#power-upself-test

I then checked the CPU board was making good contact as that can cause the machine to play dead.
http://home.nikocity.de/rs/A4k-HW3.html#deadmachineproblems

The jumpers have been checked and rechecked via many websites and the Amiga 4000 User's guide I possess.

End result is the same.  This was all redone again today, same result.

As for the PIV card, well that just didn't register in software or in the kickstart Expansion Board Diagnostic but we now know why that is.

Now, again I ask and not for the first time and you yourself have stated it and I quote once again what is your solution for the Amiga 4000 mainboard?

And your previous response of

Besides, I did not know that the small dongle is necessary. If you want to, I can look for the dongle here.

I have replied to this twice now, yes I would like the FF or dongle as you call it.  If you don't have it, I would like a refund minus postage.  I will send the card back to you!  This only addresses one issue, there are clearly two here!

oh and I must correct you with your comment "in the beginning, this only came out today!

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 03:35:06 PM »
amix68k wrote:
as mails to you are bounced with the following error:

----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail.local: unknown name: jxxxxx
550 ... User unknown

Reporting-MTA: dns; mx1.iinet.net.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mailout10.sul.t-online.com

Dunno what T-Online fouled up here, but the only correct MX for iinet.net.au is filter.iinet.net.au. :roll:

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2007, 03:47:22 PM »

amix68k wrote:
I told you from the begining, that the flicker-fixer dongle is in a system of a friend (the one I won the auction for of the PIV you mentioned in your first post). I have a dongle in my cabinet too, but this is needed for my PIV

The original dongle, that was in the working system, is built in the system with the card of the other auction you quoted at amiga.org.

One thing has me puzzled thou and excuse me if I haven't quite understood this but why would you pull out a perfectly working Picasso IV card with Flicker ficker attached to replace it with one you bought off eBay without flicker fixer only to sell the original Picasso IV on eBay without flicker fixer as untested?

That doesn't make sense? Am I the only one here to find that strange? :-?

Offline amix68k

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »

One thing has me puzzled thou and excuse me if I haven't quite understood this but why would you pull out a perfectly working Picasso IV card with Flicker ficker attached to replace it with one you bought off eBay without flicker fixer only to sell the original Picasso IV on eBay without flicker fixer as untested?

The PIV board was bought on ebay and completed with the dongle from the card in my cabinet (as in this system FliFi/ScanDo was needed and I thought the dongle was only user for this). A few weeks after (watch the timeline please) I did offer my PIV in good faith.

I have to clear a lot of things at the moment and do sell the doublettes of my collection. The cause for this is very personal :(

Offline amix68k

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:
ok seems you don't want to answer the email I sent.

I still have and you received the answer, why do you complain?

The Amiga 4000 mainboard has been tried with an A3400 030 CPU board and an A3640 040 board.  (I must add the jumpers are changed each time a different CPU board is installed) Both same result.  I removed all the fast ram from the board you sent and installed the board in an Amiga 4000 case with a daughter board.  I tried two versions of a daughterboard, Rev 1 & B.  I exchanged the chipram with some from my working A4000 in case that was dead.  There were no cards installed in any Zorro slots and only a floppy drive installed.  No hard drive.  The result on each occasion was the same.
Kickstart 3.0 and 3.1 have been tried.  My working A4000 has been pulled apart to see if we can get the mainboard working. I left it sitting on power up for 20 minutes and no go.  

The board failed the powerup self test.
http://home.nikocity.de/rs/A4k-HW3.html#power-upself-test

I then checked the CPU board was making good contact as that can cause the machine to play dead.
http://home.nikocity.de/rs/A4k-HW3.html#deadmachineproblems

The jumpers have been checked and rechecked via many websites and the Amiga 4000 User's guide I possess.

End result is the same.  This was all redone again today, same result.

Have you pulled out the socketed chips and cleaned the contacts? Have you looked for any missing parts? Have you reseated the socketed chips? The board was flown once around the world and this was some journey.

Were thec parcle damaged (you mentioned that in your paypal-complaint)?

Are the boards different between PAL and NTSC, 110V and 220V? I dont know that.

As for the PIV card, well that just didn't register in software or in the kickstart Expansion Board Diagnostic but we now know why that is.

And this is only my fault?

Now, again I ask and not for the first time and you yourself have stated it and I quote once again what is your solution for the Amiga 4000 mainboard?

To be honest I cannot believe it is totally dead. Did you measure some currents? Do you have appropriate equipment? Did and condensators leaked out (there may have been some rumbling on the transport)?

In my experience if it is not the accu it can only be a tiny thing.

And your previous response of

Besides, I did not know that the small dongle is necessary. If you want to, I can look for the dongle here.

I have replied to this twice now, yes I would like the FF or dongle as you call it.  If you don't have it, I would like a refund minus postage.  I will send the card back to you!  This only addresses one issue, there are clearly two here!

Well communication with you is not simple for me, sorry. I can only repeat my offer to search for such a dongle.

oh and I must correct you with your comment "in the beginning, this only came out today!

Yes, but was sent to you days ago. Thats your fault with your mail account not mine.

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »

amix68k wrote:

The PIV board was bought on ebay and completed with the dongle from the card in my cabinet (as in this system FliFi/ScanDo was needed and I thought the dongle was only user for this). A few weeks after (watch the timeline please) I did offer my PIV in good faith.

I have to clear a lot of things at the moment and do sell the doublettes of my collection. The cause for this is very personal :(

Yes we get all that, but why did you need to buy a another PIV without FF if you already had one with a FF?

So I am all clear on this.

1. You had a Picasso IV card with FF installed in your Amiga.
2. You decide to buy one off eBay that doesn't have a FF
3. You take out the prefectly working PIV and replace it with the one you bought off eBay
4. You sell the Picasso IV mentioned in point 1 some weeks later on eBay which I end up with?

That doesn't make any sense and you haven't really answered that question or responded to my emails or given me the A4000 solution!

You have stated "I have a lot of amiga-friends and maybe I can get this" which I assume means you might be able to get me a VillageTronic Picasso IV Flicker fixer.

Not entirely sure that would even be possible?

Still waiting :cry:

Offline amix68k

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 04:22:51 PM »

jimbo100 wrote:

Yes we get all that, but why did you need to buy a another PIV without FF if you already had one with a FF?

Who is we?

So I am all clear on this.

1. You had a Picasso IV card with FF installed in your Amiga.
2. You decide to buy one off eBay that doesn't have a FF
3. You take out the prefectly working PIV and replace it with the one you bought off eBay
4. You sell the Picasso IV mentioned in point 1 some weeks later on eBay which I end up with?

Exact.

That doesn't make any sense and you haven't really answered that question or responded to my emails or given me the A4000 solution!

Why I have to sell some stuff is personal so I cannot give you answer on this.

For the A4000 board, see the questions above and answer them. I cannot believe it is dead.

You have stated "I have a lot of amiga-friends and maybe I can get this" which I assume means you might be able to get me a VillageTronic Picasso IV Flicker fixer.

Yes, but that is no promis but a try. And it qoule not be free of charge, as you auctioned the card without the dongle.

Not entirely sure that would even be possible?
Still waiting :cry:

As I said it is an offer (and I told you what should happen before) and not a promise.

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 04:29:07 PM »
Answered in email again!

Offline amix68k

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »
Why dont you answer on the tech-questions above here? Here may be some technicans, who are able to help?

For me it is very hard to debug a system half around the world :(

« Reply #44 from previous page: June 03, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »

amix68k wrote:
Yes, but that is no promis but a try. And it qoule not be free of charge, as you auctioned the card without the dongle.

As a seller, I think this truly indicates a form of "blind" bad faith on your part.

I truly think it should have been your responsibility to know that the card you auctioned is useless without the dongle.

It is as if I sold a pair of ROM 3.1 chips for the Amiga 4000 but one in one auction and the other chip in another auction and just played dumb as if I didn't know that one is totally useless without the other.