Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German Ebayer - amix68k  (Read 5234 times)

Description:

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
Re: German Ebayer - amix68k
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
@amix68k

I'd contacted you some months ago about the 511000 chips not being compatible to Amiga 3000 - please stop offering those chips! They may be compatible with some extension boards but they're not with an A3k and never will be.

If you don't, I'll buy a set and then you owe me an A3000...

btw: 'without warranty' means exactly that: if the board stops working after some time, it's the buyer's problem. But if it doesn't work right away, it's the seller's problem because he sold it as 'used' which doesn't mean 'dead'. If you have hardware that's dead or untested, sell it as such and not as 'used, no warranty'.
Read eBay's comments, they say the same thing.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 05:26:12 PM »
I'm still surprised people buy stuff on Ebay which is 'untested' and think it will work. 'Untested' on EBay means it will be defective.

Offline amix68k

• Show only replies by amix68k
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »
James, please configure your mail-system, as mails to you are bounced with the following error:

The original message was received at Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:59:37 +0800
from mailout10.sul.t-online.com

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(expanded from: )

----- Transcript of session follows -----
mail.local: unknown name: jaugust
550 ... User unknown

Reporting-MTA: dns; mx1.iinet.net.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mailout10.sul.t-online.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:59:37 +0800

Final-Recipient: RFC822;
X-Actual-Recipient: RFC822; jaugust@iinet.net.au
Action: failed
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:59:37 +0800

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »
I've bought some "untested" stuff which worked fine from ebay including an a1200 for about £7.

Offline Tahoe

• Show only replies by Tahoe
    • http://www.amiga4ever.nl
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
Wait - I am NOT taking sides here, but are both the seller and the buyer aware that a Picasso IV DOES NOT WORK without the snap-off module?

Lots of people think this is just the flicker fixer, which it isn't. The flicker is actually placed on the Picasso IV itself.

I had the same experience, but the other way around: I bought a Picasso IV which was sold as defective (explicitly), but was tested without the module. Needless to say, testing the board myself - it did not work. Attach the included snap-off module, and hey presto! A working PIV.
Greetings from Wilnis, The Netherlands
Now owning ALL Amiga models and most; if not all; flavours of them...My Amiga Museum

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 10:32:01 PM »
Hey Tahoe you really took me on the machine side (no 3000UX or 2500 or 3000T-040 here, but an Access to throw in as a countermeasure :lol: ) but I`ll take you on on the cards side anytime :-P

Maybe some day I have the time to list all my stuff just like you
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Zac67 wrote:
@amix68k

I'd contacted you some months ago about the 511000 chips not being compatible to Amiga 3000 - please stop offering those chips! They may be compatible with some extension boards but they're not with an A3k and never will be.

Thank you for confirming my position on this.

I don't think he should stop offering the chips but he should certainly NOT claim that they are compatible with the 3000.

I know some PC video cards are compatible with these chips. Some various old motherboards and accelerators also are compatible with these but I don't know which.

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 11:09:03 PM »
eslapion wrote:

I don't think he should stop offering the chips but he should certainly NOT claim that they are compatible with the 3000.

Yes, I meant offering them for the A3000, of course. There's no problem in selling them for what they are.  ;-)

Offline jimbo100Topic starter

• Show only replies by jimbo100
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 12:42:22 AM »

Tahoe wrote:
Wait - I am NOT taking sides here, but are both the seller and the buyer aware that a Picasso IV DOES NOT WORK without the snap-off module?

Lots of people think this is just the flicker fixer, which it isn't. The flicker is actually placed on the Picasso IV itself.

I had the same experience, but the other way around: I bought a Picasso IV which was sold as defective (explicitly), but was tested without the module. Needless to say, testing the board myself - it did not work. Attach the included snap-off module, and hey presto! A working PIV.

I didn't know that!!!!!

Do you mean he lied about it working then???  Cos he told me it came from his system and he used it!

Well well well amix68k....seems you have been well and truly caught out!

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 07:18:25 AM »

Do you mean he lied about it working then??? Cos he told me it came from his system and he used it!

Well well well amix68k....seems you have been well and truly caught out!

Well could also proof that he is right when saying "pulled from a working system" I think it worked when it was in the system, but when it was pulled off the snap off modules was left in place thus leaving the card fully functional but totally useless at the same time.
If amix68k didn`t know that all you can hold him for is that he didn`t giveit enough thought, but then again you didn`t know as well.
So just talk to him and see if he has the modules somewhere and send it to you or simply give the card back. This should be no problem knowing what we know now.

Maybe I`m a little biased about situation when the buyer wants to shoot the seller, because I was once in the same situation. The buyer finally had to admit embarrased that the problems where caused by a powercable that came lose during transport. Something that could have easyly be worked out by calmly talking to each other.
I know it is a little bit different here but I too sense lack of communication.
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 07:35:52 AM »
There has been plenty of comms.  He has clearly advised me it came from a working system pull.  He has clearly told me that has has used the card.  

So if he is honest and it's all been a mistake then he will have the FF part and will send it to me and I will be the first to say I am wrong!

But if he doesn't have the FF part what does that prove?

There has been plenty of communication, but it's all been along the lines of sorry, you bought it, you have them, sorry I can't help!

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »
Just a little update, amix68k has avoided the question about the flickerfixer part of the Picasso IV card.  I have so far asked him three times and on each occasion he keeps on going on about me breaking the Amiga 4000 mainboard?  Not sure how he keeps coming back to this?

So I guess I have my answer!

Offline amix68k

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »
Sorry James, but now you have talked me into it :(
I did answer the question to you via the ebay message system. I even offered a solution. But you ignored me or have a problem with your mail system.
All emails to you are bounced and I have severe diffculties in working out a solution in 1000-character pieces.

Also I asked for details of the check of the A4000 motherboard which you claimed you had at a tech shop this weekend. They surely diagnosed what is wrong (if something is wrong).

I am really interested in working out a solution, so repair your mail system or give me a valid email-adress and stop talking nonsense and half-truth here.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 02:28:48 PM »
We have been communicating via eBay. I want you to go through eBay as I told you so everything is recorded, why you don't want to do this is beyond me.

But please tell me about this solution you are going on about because you certainly haven't haven't offered me any such thing yet.  All you have told me is that the flicker fixer part you have in your system and when I asked you for a photo you tell me it's now with a friend?

You have told me that you didn't know that the card needed the flicker fixer part otherwise you would have put that in your auction and of course if you had I would not have bought it!

I have told you the A4000 mainboard is dead, I have had this comfirmed by someone else.  He is a tech, I have never said I took it to a shop, you again have assumed incorrectly.  We both don't know whats wrong with it becuase it is lifeless, there are no error messages, colors or anything!

So what is your solution you offer?

Offline amix68k

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »
I stated in the thread clearly that I will not wash my dishes in public.
But at least I owe you an answer. As your mail system seems defective and I am into it anyway, here is the answer which I first sent yesterday, but was bounced two times now.

Really, funny, the email I have from you says something very
different. You never asked me about the condition of the parcel? I advised you the board was dead and your response was, "Are you sure?
Did you make any mistakes in putting the things together?"

Quote from my email from 31.05.2007:

> I do not clearly know whether the boards worked here (and told you so)
> i do not know what happened to the boards on its lomg trip around the world (you did not mention, whether the package was damaged or opened)
> I do not knwo what you did with the boards and hown much experience you have in putting systems together
> I do not know if you are trying to trick me to get your money back

No question marks but clear open points, dont you think? In the paypal-procedure you told them of a damage on the outside and complained about shipping costs, but you did not answer my questions.

I replied no that I didn't make mistakes and your next reply was, "At first, I am sorry, that you have problems withe the two boards. But I cannot be of much help"

This is true., I have NOT TESTED the boards. What in this sentence dont you understand? They have been pulled working, but not tested prior shipping. That was stated in the acution text and repeated to you by mail as you are not a german native speaker. You accepted this condition of the cards happyly that you do not have to pay EUR 400,- for a mainboard.

I answered all your questions, the trouble I asked a lot more and got these responses!

See above.

You then went to rant about selling untested boards etc and paying a fraction etc. You never confirmed anything prior in fact I clearly asked you if they worked prior to paying and shipping to which you replied, "Both boards were pulled from working systems a few weeks ago"

That is right.

I have all the emails here.

Fine. Read them.

I notice you didn't comment about the claims of doctorq but thats your style isn't it. Avoid the hard questions. So whats with the dispute on eBay then?

I have discussed the topic with him extensively. In privat mails. Ask him for my comments on this.

I find your comments on eBay thou quite disturbing thou. You stated that I had committed a crime when the money was withdrawn out of your account by Paypal. I of course advised you that it was called fraud when you sold faulty goods as working and your response,

The first is right, it is not legal to withdraw the money via paypal, as you received what you paid for. And the second thing is right, it is fraud when I sell known defective cards as working.

"Fraud would be, if I sold the cards to you fully working. But I sold the cards as "not tested".

And that is true also.

So is this an admission the boards were not working? Couldn't you have tested in the A2000 you mentioned in this thread!
 http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29540

The board worked fine in my A2000 (Blizzard 060, CV64/3D,
VLabt-Motion, Toccata and X-Surf), so PSU seems no problem

Sure I could have (technically), but I do not have time and pleasue in doing so. I am trying to clear some things up her, so I have a severe lack of time. In fact I have lots of amiga systems here, but no time, as I have a very time-consuming life and job. This may be different as "police detective".

The A4000 board could not be tested in the A2000 of course.

At least now Amiga users will now know what you mean as "untested"

I leave this uncommented, is that ok?

Point in case thou, the Amiga 4000 mainboard was not won in an action, doctorq won that. You just offered it to me when he pulled out and we now know why. I clearly asked you if it was working.

Yes and got you the answer you quoted above. You had the auction number, you had the auction text, you even had the picture (and would have got some more, if you asked for it).

Anyway I will be sending both boards to Amiga France for them to check out. Now if they report they are faulty and tell me why then will you take them back minus postage?

We surely could have found a solution, but but do you really think we find a compromise after you miscredite me on several platforms? This is the wrong way of communication, sorry.

Anyway I offered a solution for the PIV and I offered help for the A4K-board, but you are not willing (or able) to communicate.

EDIT: also you told me you have them checked, but do not want to present any resuld, what should that be good for?

Yes or no? Am I being unreasonable?

Paypal does check the whole situation. They are maybe more objective than both of us. If you are right, you get your full money back, if you are wrong you should accept it and adjust your posting on amiga.org. The posting on amiga-news was cancelled due to legal causes I think. I even did answer you there (but I do not think you are reading my answers anyway).

Can you accept that?

« Reply #29 from previous page: June 03, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »
That's your solution?  Wow that was worth waiting for?  Oh gee I am so excited that you managed to get that all out.  So your solution is to wait for a paypal action which I initiated!

Anyway I offered a solution for the PIV and I offered help for the A4K-board, but you are not willing (or able) to communicate.

Please tell me what these solutions are, either here or via email because to date you have offered me nothing!  You have not offered to help me AT ALL!  

All you have said and I quote from you, "But I cannot be of much help"