Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Do I speed up My 68040 ? My 68030 seemed faster.  (Read 6261 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

Re: How Do I speed up My 68040 ? My 68030 seemed faster.
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 01, 2007, 05:55:23 PM »
@Piru
Quote:

WHy can't I use the CD32 3.1 ROMS?

Because your A1200 isn't a CD32. CD32 also has 1MB ROM, and MAPROM only supports upto 512KB. BlizKick has a hack (EXTRESBUF) to expand the area to additional RAM, but this cannot be used for 1MB ROM.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow...........thanks for that...........now that is a Clear answer that I can understand :-)  the 1mb ROM thing..........I forgot about that.  However..............hahahahahah However................is it possible to use the CDTV ROM???  eh?  eh?   If I am not mistaken, I have already done it with some other software.

It says that if I got AsimCDFS and a CDROM, that I might be able to read Audio CD's in CDTV mode.  But the developer of the tool didn't try it for  himself............however he did try and booted into the CDTV Music menu as did I.  IT was so cool to see it.  I have the software somewhere.  It is called CDTVTOOLS or something like this. That might not be the name though as there is something else with the same name.

But anyway...........can I use a CDTV ROM with BlizKick?  it is 512k isnt it?

This is so important to me................because it will enble me to run CD+G karaoke discs on my A1200 and Karaoke is Very Popular right now in NY, Japan, Korea, CHina, Philipines and other USA states and growing.

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
can I use a CDTV ROM with BlizKick? it is 512k isnt it?

No. Your A1200 isn't a CDTV. You can surely try, and BlizKick will happily use the ROM you provide, but it will not work.

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 10:31:23 PM »
Crapper

I discovered an interesting but major problem with Blizkick.

It disables the DCTV!   this is exactly why I wanted to speed up my Amiga.............for faster Animations using the DCTV as well as HAM8.

Very interesting............anyone else have this problem?  it basically does something to the DCTV unit so that the DCTV wont see the info lines it needs to display a 16 million color image.

WHats going on?

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...