Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help !! CDROM configuration with AMICDFS  (Read 5796 times)

Description:

Offline beltrixxTopic starter

• Show only replies by beltrixx
    • http://elciudadanocableado.wordpress.com
Help !! CDROM configuration with AMICDFS
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:26 AM »

Hi everybody,

I have spent some time trying to configure a LG 52X CDROM drive under Workbench 3.1 but it doesn't work. Need help, please.

I have downloaded, unpacked and installed AMICDFS 2.40 from Aminet and the CDROM is not detected under Workbench 3.1 although I have followed step by step instructions.

looking for answers to my problem I think I have read (in a post in other forum)that I need a driver for ATAPI devices because scsi.device is not suitable for an ATAPI cdrom like mine. Someone had wrote that installing IDEFIX was necessary.

At this point, I have the following questions:

1) Do I really need to install IDEFIX97 for my CDROM to work?

2) In case I need an ATAPI driver ... Is there any FREE driver for ATAPI Cdroms? I think no one should pay for a CDROM driver.

3) Does anyone have a sample mount file for Amicdfs 2.4 and ATAPI CDROM?

My Hardware config. is :

Amiga 1200
2 Mb Chip Ram
32 Mb Fast RAM (Microbotics 1230 Accel. Card)
Workbench 3.1, Kickstart 3.0
3.5" External IDE Hard drive (Master)
52X LG CDROM drive (Slave)

Thanks in advance.
A1200 Desktop : 16 Gb CF card, DVD ROM, ZIP 250, Fastata 1200 MKII, 128 Mb Fast, Microbotics 1230XA Accelerator, WLAN Card, AmigaOS 3.9
Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few. (W. Churchill)

Offline Thomas

Re: Help !! CDROM configuration with AMICDFS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 06:51:54 AM »

You can get a replacement scsi.device which supports ATAPI drives here: http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=37

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »
Thanks 4 the reply, Thomas.

I'll try it and let you know.

Bye! ;-)
A1200 Desktop : 16 Gb CF card, DVD ROM, ZIP 250, Fastata 1200 MKII, 128 Mb Fast, Microbotics 1230XA Accelerator, WLAN Card, AmigaOS 3.9
Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few. (W. Churchill)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
Have tried the replacement device you told me but now my system doesn't boot. HEEEELP PLEASE !!

As the readme file stated, I edited the Startup-sequence file and before any "patch" command and right at the beginning of the file, I specified :

LoadV43Module > NIL: a300.ld.strip

I copied the LoadV43Module to my SYS:S/ drawer, as well as the file a300.ld.strip

I know something is wrong with the driver installation and so the computer is not able to boot from the hard drive, but I'm new to Amiga computers and don't know how to fix it without having to reinstall the whole system...

Besides, my system is connected to a TFT monitor and configured using Euro72 monitor so I'm not able to see the Amiga Early Setup screen or nothing...

Please help!

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
Besides, my system is connected to a TFT monitor and configured using Euro72 monitor so I'm not able to see the Amiga Early Setup screen or nothing...

Then you are in deep trouble now. The line you entered is wrong. The Amiga won't boot unless you remove or correct it. Doing this blindly is quite a bit difficult.

If you don't have a floppy disk or something which boots into Euro72, then you should try to connect the Amiga to a TV.

First of all you shouldn't use LoadV43Module, but Thor's LoadModule from Aminet. Also the patches supplied are old beta versions which's beta period has expired (i.e. it nags with warning messages). You should first load and apply patchstrip from Aminet.

Then the place to put programs into is C, not S. The system only searches in C automatically. If you put a program into another place, you have to supply the full path. I.e. sys:s/loadv43module.

The same is true for the strip module. There is no default place where to search, so you always have to supply the full path, i.e. sys:s/a300.ld.strip.

Next time you change something on the startup files you should test it first. You can as well enter the loadmodule line into a shell window and look what happens, before you add it to startup-sequene.

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 02:38:29 AM »

Thank you Thomas for the detailed post and explanations.

Tomorrow morning I'll connect my A1200 to the TV, enter the OS bypassing the Startup file and editing it to correct the line.

Thank you very much.