Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is the MOST difficult game on Amiga?  (Read 5200 times)

Description:

Offline PMC

• Show all replies
    • http://www.b3ta.com
Re: What is the MOST difficult game on Amiga?
« on: April 29, 2004, 12:36:58 PM »
Yep, Alien Breed II / Tower Assault etc.  Trying to last longer than a few seconds wasn't easy!  Did anyone release a trainer?

Then there's Super Stardust, Super Hang On and Virus.

Easiest?

Turrican 3, Batman the Movie, Hunter and Frontier.
Cecilia for President

Offline PMC

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 12:53:32 PM »

Genocist wrote:
Virus for me. I'm sure I made it to level 3 or 4 once, before doing the usual inverted flip and thrusting myself in to the ground at breakneck speed :)

I'm sure more practice may have produced better results.

G

Yeah, Virus was damn hard because of the control sensitivity and the fact that aiming the gun was a bee-atch.

Getting the hovercraft off the ground was easy enough, but trying to out manoever and shoot down one of those pesky fighters was an object lesson in patience.  Imagine sitting on the door sill of your car, steering with your foot and trying to reverse park and you have some idea.

There's quite a few games with nasty control settings...  Trying to get your Cobra Mk III to dock with a space station for the first time in Elite was more hazardous than actual combat, getting your Lightning to land in Jet Pilot was equally difficult and of course we have Whirligig.  Imagine Virus set in space, with extra sensitive mouse controls... Grrr!  
Cecilia for President

Offline PMC

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 08:47:03 PM »

MAD wrote:
Hoya!

Yeah, Whirligig!
I had it on my ST and was quite good at it.
Then, some times ago I got it on Ammy and... EEEEEKKKKK! I cannot manage to control the damn ship! But I believe it is quite original a game.

There is also another game which was incredibly hard, but not on Ammy, on CPC. It was a Mastertronic classic called The Last V8! IIRC, it was released on Speccy and C64 too.
Boy, you had only ONE life to finish the game! Eeek!

And by the way, have someone really finished ANY of the Turricans WITHOUT cheating???

Whirligig was a very promising game, but way too hard to control.  The actual pace of the game was too fast I think.  Has anyone ever played Conqueror?  It's like Virus/whirligig but with a tank instead of a hovercraft.

The Last V8....  "V8. Return to base immediately!"  I have a Sid file of the soundtrack somewhere.  

Turrican II wasn't that difficult a game to master, I've completed it many times without cheating.  
Cecilia for President