Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS: Onboard the Last Train to Amiga Neverland  (Read 3843 times)

Description:

Offline Reactioned

• Show all replies
Re: AROS: Onboard the Last Train to Amiga Neverland
« on: September 15, 2006, 08:53:29 PM »
Just goes to show how crap google can be at times. I spent ages looking for a Virtual PC image of AROS.
Wandering \\\'round the fringe.

Offline Reactioned

• Show all replies
Re: AROS: Onboard the Last Train to Amiga Neverland
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:59:07 PM »
OS5 LOL!!!

I have spent years waiting for OS4. The time the OS4 pre-release turned up I find that there is no hardware available! I for one is not waiting half a decade for vapourware that is not destined to be a desktop OS anyway, from a company with a less than convincing track record, putting it mildly.

I am actually interested in OS's running on virtual processors as I believe that is the long time future. Microsoft have their own research operating system running on the CLR. I just ain't going to wait for Amiga inc to do it, and I can't see them pulling it off anyway. More likely than some DE enhancement piggy backing off some other host operating system.

My patience has ran out. Should OS4 ever see the light of day, it will run on expensive, out of date hardware (probably b0rked as well). The Amy 05 seemed like the last best hope for running OS4. Today I read that they don't even have a license and that there still won't be a working demo at BB4. There is also something fishy about the Amy 05 as well. The two other license mystery devices are more than likely embedded devices. If by some miracle it is a desktop machine it is bound to be expensive and dated.

I'm fed up of the delays, the legal {bleep}, the secrets, the politics and the vague promises. The Bill McEwen Q & A's just remind me of all the fluff I have heard years ago.

The money I was going to spend on travelling and hotel for BB4 is now going to go on a nice LCD monitor for a new AROS machine. The money I was setting aside for a Amy 05, plus a years interest, is now going to go on a cheap, fast, small, x86 system and most of the money left over will go on AROS bounties.
Wandering \\\'round the fringe.