Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.1 for 68k, and i got mad :)  (Read 22997 times)

Description:

Offline Vulture

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 for 68k, and i got mad :)
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 02, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
@bernd_afa

well, you were right and I'm sorry for putting you into needless trouble. What I did wrong is I confused "don't put icon at workbench windows" with "add i-gadget to windows" options and thus I thought that afa_os prevented it as incidentally I tried a non wb window while booting without afa_os....again sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help. One last thing, after enabling properly PW i-gadget, afa_os patches windows that it didn't patch before, ie IBrowse and Yam startup splash windows and they look a bit weird. Can there be a work around that?
Also, I saw at your screenshot above that you have iconified your window with PW and it has a nice mac-like skin a la visualprefs. How did you do that? I mean, I've seen in the afa_os guide how to switch between afa_os and visualprefs, but do you run them in parallel somehow? Any hint about that?
Again , many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:48:26 PM by Vulture »

Offline Vulture

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
@bernd_afa

>ie IBrowse and Yam startup splash windows and they look a bit weird

>they look same as AOS, the windows are not skin, because only windows with a big title border are support, mean window need dragable.

No, it's the opposite. What I mean is that after PW works afa_os does try to skin these windows while it shouldn't. Maybe because PW forces them with its igadget. See here:

It's not important though....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:15:34 PM by Vulture »

Offline Vulture

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »
Yes it's 4.6 with the Abyss skin applied. I've no idea why this happens. Would anything help you with this? I mean, do you want me to give you my startup files or anything else that might help you?

Offline Vulture

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
Nice find! I'll be trying to incorporate it in dopus4 like OS4 version does to be able to list archives in proper listers etc.