Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM  (Read 12690 times)

Description:

Offline DFergATL

• Show all replies
Re: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM
« on: December 30, 2004, 09:42:50 PM »
I don't know that I can answer all the questions but I am the one who started the bounty.

The idea is port the existing Aros "kickstart", or whatever Aros calls there version, to be able to boot in UAE.

I could not answer exactly what verion of the 68k processor.  It should be the most compatable without being overkill.  
Sir, I believe that we have a problem with your brain being missing.  -Firefly-

Offline DFergATL

• Show all replies
Re: TeamAROS Bounty #23 AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:04:50 PM »
To Everyone:

I still think the wording for this and what I intended are not quite the same.  It does not have to be a 3.1 Amiga OS compatiable rom.  Just an Aros "rom" that boots on UAE.

If any dev who wants to take this on but feels that the "requirements" on the Team Aros website are not stated in a pratical way.  Let me know, I do belive (could be wrong) that because I started the blasted thing I can have the wording changed....

Remember that the end goal is to be able to run Amiga software (as much as pratically possiable) run on Aros UAE (or E-UAE) without requiring an actual Amiga Rom... Recreating the entire Amgia 3.1 rom is not a requirement...Porting the entire Aros OS is not a requirement...Just the end goal......

Once again if someone wants to take this on but needs the "requirements" changed in order to make it doable...That can be done....

Dave Ferguson (DFergATL)

Sir, I believe that we have a problem with your brain being missing.  -Firefly-