Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So other commodore machines?  (Read 6727 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: So other commodore machines?
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
I really like my 128D, as well built as my A1000 and just lovely. Use it mostly for programming though. VIC20 and C64 for gaming.

Had a C16 and a +4 but they stopped working. Don't bother with those unless you have the adapter for real joysticks if you want to play games.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Quote from: runequester;627488
I always really liked the look of the 128. Just a nice, sleek design. A friend of mine had one when I was a kid, but we only ever used it in the 64 mode, to run old games.

It's great for development. Nice disk drives and nicer keyboard.Very little reason for games players to swap to a 128 though. Shame really.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
Quote from: Franko;627920
I've quite often looked at the Catweasel board but never got round to buying one, it's like I say the Frodo C64 emulator on the Amiga runs fine it's only the SID emulation that lets it down... :)

Reckon though I prefer to use my real C64s to play C64Games especially with the MMC board where I have a 4GB SD card with all my C64 Games on it, so there are no tapes or disks involved and I rewrote the BIOS for it to allow full loading and saving of the C64s memory including "under the ROMS"... :)

Funny thing is on WinVICE I use TAP files only.

SID sound via reSID model +2ghz CPU in WinVICE sounds nice. Anyway I bought the 6581 Inside MP3 disc and it's fantastic, real C64 music to play on my amp *wooo*

Even better they're working on an 8Gb double disc set for Amiga MP3 digitally enhanced set, summer 2011 I think.