Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 controller  (Read 6001 times)

Description:

Offline smithy

• Show all replies

The Catweasel MK4 is delivered with drivers for Linux, Windows 98(se)/ME/XP/2000, Amiga OS4, and for Mac OS X at a later date. MorphOS drivers are available for a surcharge.

I can't believe I'm reading this.  This is blatent penalising of a single platform... and by offering even Windows drivers free of charge is clearly just rubbing in the salt... and now trying to hide behind any justifications just makes him look ridiculous.

This is very childish behaviour, and it won't have any good effects.  We'll see developers who primary platform is MOS retalliate with similar measures.  It's not good for anyone.

"To be honest, I already regret having offered MorphOS drivers. I better leave everything up to the MorphOS developer pool, and not have to deal with persons who lack basic communication skills. It might cost me a few sales,...

And it gets even more childish!!  Not only is he charging MOS users extra, he's also insulting them!!!  But they're still good enough to take extra money off, right Jens?

I'd say this'll cost you more than a few sales:  There are far more Pegasos machines out there than AmigaOnes, you've probably just wiped out 70% of your market.

...but the gain is infinitely more valuable: I'm free of people demanding stuff from me.

You're free of people asking for a bit of fairness and equality?

Punishing users for a private disagreement with someone from a company seems a bit extreme.