Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reaction vs MUI (as what concerns the API)  (Read 20632 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Reaction vs MUI (as what concerns the API)
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
krashan, can i contact you because of remaining problem of digibooster3 beta under aros68k. perhaps yet another zune bug. id like to know what could cause that.

Offline wawrzon

Re: Reaction vs MUI (as what concerns the API)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;707131

Why doesn't the author of MUI create, or allow a MUI4.0 version for AmigaOS4.x, or even AmigaOS3.x?  As far as I know, the last version of MUI for AmigaOS3.x is the 3.8 version, for AmigaOS4.1.5, the last, or highest version of MUI is MUI3.9, but for MorphOS3.1, MUI4.0 has been available for years.

AmigaOS4.1.5 developers want to have MUI4.0 and any versions that come after that, but the hint I got from a reliable source told me that MUI4.0 is not available for AmigaOS4.1.5 for unknown reasons.

This makes it look like some kind of political reason between the author of MUI and the management, or ownership of AmigaOS4.1.5.  I have no idea what is behind these reasons, or what the reasons are.  I don't need to know and don't want to know, but I sure would like what ever parties are preventing MUI4.0 and beyond from being spread to every Amiga and Amiga-Like platform available, to get together and work out what ever past differences they have, so Amiga programmers can use the same, latest version of MUI on any Amiga, or Amiga-Like (hate that term) system they want to use, or program for.

I know that I am sticking my neck out to get my head chopped off for bringing this subject up, and maybe I am just ignorant about something that everyone else knows about already.  Or this subject is Taboo and that is why I have never seen anyone else ask the question "Why can't we get MUI4.0 for AmigaOS4.1.5, or AmigaOS3.9, or AROS (maybe AROS has MUI4.0 and I just don't know it)?  Maybe there isn't any problem between the author of MUI and the owners, or management of AmigaOS4.x, and there is some other logical reason why we have had MUI4.0 for MorphOS for years and AmigaOS4.1.5 only has MUI3.9.

Although I do not agree with the author of MUI stopping support for AmigaOS3.x, I can understand that he might want to use his limited spare programming time on just one platform, or architecture, and if he decided to support a Next Gen PPC platform, he might wish to stop further maintenance and improvements for the 68k Amiga computers.  I don't understand why he wouldn't write MUI4.0 for both AmigaOS4.1 and MorphOS3.1, since they are both PPC Next Gen. Amiga computer platforms and are very similar in many ways.

Now let me find my flameproof suit and prepare for the attacks on my stupid questions, and/or suggestions.

same reason why os4 developers do not allow for fixing warp3d on 68k. luckily they have not much to offer anyway, as far as im concerned, they can keep all their code to themselves, nothing essential gets lost that way.

the only ground to have some sort of cooperation upon, beyond what parts us, is and ever was aros. it works or will soon work on almost every hardware we expect to have supported inclusive x86, 68k, ppc like sams and likely mini-macs at some point. perhaps even x1k, as some developers were willing to get one. whoever commits to aros commits to the whole. the rest everybody has to answer for himself. thats it.