Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microsoft Buys VirtualPC.  (Read 2072 times)

Description:

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
Re: Microsoft Buys VirtualPC.
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 05, 2003, 03:29:26 AM »
Well, I tend to believe one of the people who works at Connectix:

I won't say anything more about the deal for the moment, except this: turn your paranoia meter down a few hundred notches, all of you. Nobody's going to "kill" any of the Virtual PC products. Most of the engineers who worked on the products over the past few years will continue to do so. And with the greater resources available to us, we will be able to expand the teams and make the products even better and more solid. Personally, I'm really excited about the whole thing!

Quote by Aaron Giles, of M.A.M.E. fame.

Frankly, I think it's about damn time we had good x86 emulation in Windows, to help run older software.  It would have been nice if Microsoft had included proper x86 and PC BIOS emulation [better than they did], so DOS apps would run under Win32.

As for having Virtual PC on other platforms, only time will tell.  I doubt they will raze Virtual PC altogether.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
Re: Microsoft Buys VirtualPC.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2003, 03:31:46 AM »
Also note that Virtual PC has already been a Microsoft partner in the past.  It is available with a fully licensed copy of Windows bundled with the emulator.  Good point, B. Hoggitt.