Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MS Windows 8 Consumer Beta  (Read 5779 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: MS Windows 8 Consumer Beta
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 07, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;682826
One of the great things about new versions of Windows is that you get to watch people blow their gaskets over the new changes, then 5 years later you get to watch them blow up again while vigorously defending the very same version they previously lambasted.
Maybe so, but I've been a fan of the (Classic-tweaked) XP interface since I first started using XP, and I remain so today, eight years later. Good design is good design (or at least decent design,) and developers today could stand to re-learn the value of leaving well enough alone.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline commodorejohn

• Show all replies
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: MS Windows 8 Consumer Beta
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
And that says it all right there - instead of a zero-day crack, we have a [strike]zero[/strike] negative-day restoration of old functionality...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup