Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Distribution Licence For Workbench...  (Read 19368 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Distribution Licence For Workbench...
« Reply #224 from previous page: May 05, 2011, 12:47:46 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635523
I personally own some of the physical RKM books but if I remember some of that documentation was later published in HTML and put out on the web. Maybe I'm wrong? Who cares? It's not the same situation.

That's exactly what he's doing. This isn't for challenging shit, it's pure trolling bullshit. It's the kind of bull shit that would get you instantly smacked in a heart beat the whole time Wayne ran the site and Franko knows this. For a guy who's "new to the internet", he just happens to know all of the right buttons to push to start a flame war in amiga land doesn't he?

Once again it fine for you to do something illegal and tell us no-one should care you hypocritical dunderheid...

I know frig all about Wayne and how he ran the site has sod all to do with me, being new to the internet, what's that got to do with anything !!!

Use all the silly little made up internet words you want "trolling", "flame wars" they mean sod all to me, what you get here is how I would speak to you in person, only I'm being a lot more polite here than I would be in real life...

So keep on making up stories in your own warped mind if you want to, maybe one day you'll finally realise you're living in cloud cuckoo land and finally snap out of it, but I wont be holding my breath until you do so... ;)

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635523
I personally own some of the physical RKM books but if I remember some of that documentation was later published in HTML and put out on the web. Maybe I'm wrong? Who cares? It's not the same situation.
Interesting that your copying things of unknown/muddy legal status is somehow A-okay...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2011, 12:57:21 AM »
I have NEVER offered or posted any copyrighted material on this forum. If some folks on the site think it would be awesome to post stuff that has always been against the rules since the inception of the site, then why don't you ask the site owner to change the rule so it will be all official and there will be no need to argue about it.

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635530
I have NEVER offered or posted any copyrighted material on this forum. If some folks on the site think it would be awesome to post stuff that has always been against the rules since the inception of the site, then why don't you ask the site owner to change the rule so it will be all official and there will be no need to argue about it.

Can't say whether you have or haven't as I've not checked, but I can say you have advised other folk to do "Illegal" things so why with all the hypocrisy, I really don't understand you... ;)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;635528
Interesting that your copying things of unknown/muddy legal status is somehow A-okay...

So I think we're finally reaching an unusual consensus, maybe the issue isn't clear cut and Franko does have a purpose in pushing this matter.

This is not a simple issue of piracy.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635530

And while you are at it, perhaps you clean up that potty mouth and keep it civil, since those rules have also been in place since the sites inception, mmkay?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2011, 01:27:01 AM »
Nice find Desiv! :roflmao:
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Iggy

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:32 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;635538
And while you are at it, perhaps you clean up that potty mouth and keep it civil, since those rules have also been in place since the sites inception, mmkay?

Thank you very much sir. We may not agree, but we should remain polite.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »
Franko,

I am politely requesting that you remove all references, mentions and links to both your sites in all of your messages here and in all other threads to which you have posted them.  Please also remove the link from your signature.  While we cannot control what you have on your own site, we do control what is here on this site.  Your posting of the links is a violation of our policies here.  Thank you!
Michael

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2011, 01:36:08 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;635536
So I think we're finally reaching an unusual consensus, maybe the issue isn't clear cut and Franko does have a purpose in pushing this matter.

This is not a simple issue of piracy.

I'll try and make it as plain and simple for all to understand what my aim is for all of this... :)

I simply believe that when it comes to the Workbench Disk Sets from 1.3 to 3.1 that they should either be made available to download or buy in physical format by whomever still legally owns them whether they give them away for free or charge a fee for them.

As I believe their are still plenty of us out there who would appreciate being able to do so.

Now if whomever still legally owns them doesn't want to as It would not be a viable business idea then why not let someone like myself do so. I would be happy to pay for a licence or distribution rights out of my own pocket but I would never try to sell or make money from them as I don't need to.

I just want for folk to be able to obtain these without all this nonsense of not being able to mention it on forums and if we all keep quite about it and pretend we don't know where to get them then all is right with the world, that's just childish nonsense.

Why would I want to do this, simple as your probably fed up of hearing by now the Amiga is the only computer I use, like and enjoy and for those who still use them also I just want to have this stuff freely available for all who need them.

I have no hidden agenda, I'm just a lifelong Amiga fan who wants to keep this old machine going as long as possible and in the process help others to do so as well in whatever small way I can... :)

« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635544
Franko,

I am politely requesting that you remove all references, mentions and links to both your sites in all of your messages here and in all other threads to which you have posted them.  Please also remove the link from your signature.  While we cannot control what you have on your own site, we do control what is here on this site.  Your posting of the links is a violation of our policies here.  Thank you!

I don't mind removing the link to AmigaUK.com but I have to ask why I need to remove the link to CommodoreScotland.com as it is not breaking TOS of the site.

Thank You

Frank Spiers
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:40:31 AM by Franko »

Offline Iggy

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635544
Franko,

Micheal, bot to tell you your job, but if this is the conclusion you've come to then its your job to lock the thread, censor/edit the posts, and remove all references to Franko's sites.
And you're either going to have to ban me or edit my signature yourself, because I don't intend to remove references to Franko's site.

Offline SilvrDrgn

« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2011, 01:46:09 AM »
Quote from: Franko;635548
I don't mind removing the link to AmigaUK.com but I have to ask why I need to remove the link to CommodoreScotland.com as it is not breaking TOS of the site.

I believe we received a report on the link in your signature.  I'll have to go back and look again.  Looking at the site, it doesn't appear to have much to do with Amiga or Commodore stuff.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:54:04 AM by SilvrDrgn »
Michael

Offline SilvrDrgn

« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;635549
Micheal, bot to tell you your job, but if this is the conclusion you've come to then its your job to lock the thread, censor/edit the posts, and remove all references to Franko's sites.
And you're either going to have to ban me or edit my signature yourself, because I don't intend to remove references to Franko's site.

Franko asked and offered to remove the link(s) himself.  I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt.  If it comes to it, since there are so many of them, we might just end up deleting this entire thread outright, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.  Oh, and I'd appreciate if you spell my name correctly - it's "a" before "e."  Thanks! :)
Michael

Offline Iggy

« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2011, 01:51:36 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635551
I believe we received a report on the link in your signature.  I'll have to go back and look again.  Looking at the site, it doesn't appear to have much to do with Amiga or Commodore stuff.

Well that's interesting.

Amigauk .       obviously DOES have something to do with Amiga (even if it violates TOS).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:44:42 AM by Argo »

« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;635549

Iggy don't get yourself into any bother because of me. I'll gladly remove the link I posted earlier and you should do the same if asked... :)

But as for the link to CommodoreScotland.com being removed then I have PM'd SlvrDragn as there is nothing on CommodoreScotland.com that violates the TOS of this site... :)

If I am going to be forced to remove the CommodoreScotland.com link too then I shall be taking this up with Transition as I feel this is totally uncalled for... :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:25:02 AM by SysAdmin »