Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga vs PC  (Read 33053 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga vs PC
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Sparky;574241
I'm afraid I also have to point out that the Amiga is technologically soooooooooooooo far behind the "PC" architecture it's just not funny.  
Just use the Amiga for what you used to use it for all those years ago and have fun with it, and don't expect to be watching Youtube, playing H.264 encoded videos all while calculating pi to 10billion decimal points.

(I fully expect a rabid Amigan to point out that they do all of the above every day on their upgraded A600)  ;-)

One very rabid Amigan responding... :swords:

If your one of those sad, sad people who use a PC / MAC / Mobile Phone or any other modern day piece of crapnology , then good luck to you. :)

The true Amigan uses real Amiga hardware, for the simple fact that it is and was the best home computer ever created. They learn not just how to play games on it but how the actual hardware and OS works, they use it for creativity and using their minds to come up with some brilliant and ingenious solutions to keep the thing up and running. :)

Now if you simply want to play games that all look the same. have no gameplay and think that cos the graphics look cool, then by all means stick to your Pee,Cee's Crapple Macs and eggBoxes.

Or if you just want to point and click on something and hope it works, and when it doesn't you sit there staring blankly at the screen, because you've never used you brain to figure out how it works or how to solve the problem. then that what comes of using such boring mundane technology.

But why oh why, if these Pee'Cees and Craple Macs are so good do you run an Amiga emulator on them... :huh:

The answer... cos you know deep down in your heart that the Amiga is better than the machine your running the emulator on... :roflmao:

Bring back the good old day's when computers were made of wood and ran on steam... :biglaugh:

Bit of an Ironic thought here... I'm typing this on my Crapple Mac... :o

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574255
I'd rather be one of those sad but productive people typing on your so called crap, than be flailing around on a computer that has charm, but isn't practical for me anymore.  If I tried doing 6502/z80 assembly and cross development on an Amiga, I'd have slashed my wrists awhile ago.

That being sad, it's cool to see some people who use the thing as a day to day machine still.  I can't do it since it doesn't suit my needs.

Why is it 99.9% of you folks in the good ole U S of A, have not the tinyist bit of sense of humor... :)

I mean after all you voted in George. W. Bush, Good old Ronnie RayGun and eat things called weaners... :)

That to me proves you must have a very good sense of humor, lurking about somewhere in your minds... :lol:

I can indeed be arsed to play my SNES games on the original console and spend anything up to £100 per game just to buy the old classic RPG games for this little beauty of a machine... :)

And why on earth would a dingus like me be sad enough to want to use MickySoft Windoze OS or even a Pee'Cee in the first place... :)

If your quite happy with whatever you use then, good for you. Im quite happy with what I use, so good for me, but a good old exchange of very differing points of view, is just what's needed in these days of the sheep who queue up for 3 days to buy the latest Crapple gadget just to look cool and trendy whether it even works or not. :)

Irony or Hypocrisy... I like to think I have a bit of both, as like the Amiga I too can multitask... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »
With all you little sexual innuendoes, methinks that your a bit frustrated... :)

Why not try taking your stubby little fingers of the keyboard for a while and giving yourself a bit of light relief... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574275
lol, stubby fingers.  You sure are a riot.

Don't look stubby to me.  

and yes that's a mickey table cloth, and no I don't give a rats ass if someone thinks its homo.

PS: Already relieved myself.  played some Elvira, if yknow what im sayin.

Ah, Thank you for proving me wrong that pic, just goes to show you do have a sense of humor... :biglaugh:

I'll reduce that earlier percentage to 99% now... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:25:12 AM »
Quote from: smerf;574289
The Amiga has heart, and a soul, so that is why we still like it and use it, nothing more nothing less

smerf

Hi smerf

Couldn't have put it any better myself... (you are indeed a true Amigan) :)

(uh oh.. you back Arkhan...) ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:27:17 AM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:42 AM »
Quote from: cecilia;574294
just for the record i have never voted for those guys and don't eat "weaners"

I do have a great sense of humor and love my Amiga because it gave me a long and productive career in special effects/graphic arts

I keep pointing this out but I guess some people just don't understand that "Amiga" isn't just a piece of hardware, it's a WAY of thinking about using computers...and THAT has lasted way longer than the company commodore made and lost.

Without THAT idea we wouldn't have Weta in New Zealand.....for example

Hi cecilla

Take anything I post with a very large pinch of salt... :)
(my sister lives in Portland Oregon and she and her husband (he's American by the way) and all there friends over there in the USA, all have a great time having a good bit of banter, like I have been having in this thread)... :)

The only things I take serious in this life are the Amiga and having a laugh... :D

PS: Smerf, your a gentleman and a scholar sir... ;)
and that little piece of S**t was Medhi Ali :destroy:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:46:11 AM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »
Having read through every post here, it seems to me we should not be debating or arguing over silly little things like gfx card speeds/ flash drives are better than HDs and so on. :(

We should instead just be saying why we use our Amiga / PC / Mac or whatever machine your using, for what we as individuals use them for and how we are happy with the machines we use... :)

For example I use my Amiga for all my computing needs except for one, I use my iMac for the internet only and it's more than adequate in that task for me.

My Amiga however, I use for all other computing needs I have ie: GFX/Photo Editing, Programming, audio editing, creating MP3s and music CDs / burning Video DVDs, letters, printing and a whole lot more beside. :)

This set up for me is just about perfect, only when I finally set up one of my Amigas to go online, will I then be able to decide whether my Amiga is suitable for this one final task or if I shall have to continue using the Mac for being online.

So come one folks be a bit more positive about why you use the machine you do, and share with us all, the benefits of using your particular set up. :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »
Quote from: persia;574397
The question needs to change from why do we use an Amiga to why would anyone with a molecule of sanity use an Amiga.  Two very different questions.....

My one molecule of sanity is more than happy with what can be done using an Amiga... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 02:55:06 AM »
Hi Arkhan, just wondering why the link you post in your signature opens up a MALWARE WARNING for it, do you know about this ... :(

If anyone would like to check out the WARNING for this site then I suggest you view this 'Google Safe Browsing diagnostic' about this site first.

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=www.aetherbyte.com&hl=en

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;574463
And the fact there are many that don't equally proves otherwise.

I haven't found one yet, that without a bit of hacking, or using degraders or WHDload slaves that don't work with AGA. :)

But then again Im not a big demo fan, but the ones that I considered to be good enough to run on AGA were worth going to the bother of making them work... :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:05:17 PM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;574468
That's the point though. Without hacking or degrading, such examples just don't work, which is the only proof you need that hacking hardware directly is not a good idea if compatibility is important to you.

I accept your point Karlos, but for me one of the most enjoyable things about using the Amiga is the challenge in making something work on it that really shouldn't... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
Quote from: smerf;574529
Hi,

@ElpolloDiabl,

Did I hear you right, "Screw Amiga"

What in the hello are you doing here?

This is an Amiga Channel, if you like PC's that much go to a PC channel if you can find one that doesn't charge you bucks (thats all PC people are looking for).

smerf

You tell em smerf... :biglaugh:

Starting to wonder why this site has AMIGA in it's title... :p

Even a certain moderator, who shall remain nameless (Karlos !!!! :lol:) seem to be pushing the pc side a bit far... :roflmao:

(wonder if I can have them, under the Trades Description Act...) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;574604
I'm not an Amigan. Never have been, never will be.

the_leander... don't know if i've picked you up wrong, but if your statement 'I'm not an Amigan. Never have been, never will be.' is true, then what on earth are you wasting your time for posting biased opinions on an AMIGA forum ! :rolleyes:

It's quite clear from the posts in this thread that it's just going round in circles with the, my pc is better than the amiga or my amiga is better than the pc nonsense.

We should all just agree that you use the machine that you do, because it suits your needs and your either happy or unhappy with it and stop this never ending mine's is better than yours crap and cramming as many quotes into a post as you possibly can. :(

Use a PC/MAC for what it does best, accessing the internet and erm... (well that about it)

And use an Amiga for what it does best, creativity, fun, enjoyment and almost every other computing need you may have (except for using the internet)... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;574612
I'm guessing "Amigan" has very different connotations for us.

I'm a long time Amiga User. Currently my Amiga of choice is UAE. In the future it may well be a minimigAGA. I post here because I have a good few (IRL and online) friends who share similar interests to me.

An Amigan to me is simply another name for BAF. The term first started becoming fashionable around the time of the exodus.

Other synonyms include: Chump, sucker, retard, fraudster worshipper, cultie.

Having been around long before the exodus (helped an old chap build a little boat he was making, Noah I think he was called...) and long before it was fashionable to be fashionable, Id be more than happy to be associated with those synonyms. :)

(except the BAF one, never been a member of the Belgian Air Force...) :(

At least back then we all used the same computer, the Abacus it was called, crappy gfx but did it's job well, and still runs the same OS even after some 4000 odd years. :biglaugh:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
And the award for most quotes posted in a post, goes to... :D