Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga vs PC  (Read 33055 times)

Description:

Offline Free2NukeuTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga vs PC
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »
WOAAAHH, now before everyone jumps on me and pummels me into the ground i have to ask this question. but before I do here is my background. I started with a vic 20 then went to the Commodore 64 later i bought an amiga 500, then a 1200 then was given another 1200 and used an amiga 2000 before buying my own amiga4000 030 which if you look at my other posts you can see is now a 060 cyberstorm 200mhzppc with picaso iv and paloma module and a zoro iii expansion board with more ram than i thought possible on an amiga? over 104,000,000bytes? all my cards are maxed out is what im trying to say. now i use a 6400 amd dualcore pc with 4gb ram and a 8800gtx 768mb graphic card. now i loved my 4000 and is why im trying to make it work again but just how far behind is an amiga to a pc in real terms? i left the community then amiga format left us and didnt bother with the amigaone and dont know anything about the amiga since then. just what would an amiga have to improve to be on equal (or even) better than a pc in todays speed vs software world? again i always preffered my amigas than pcs but eventually had to goto the dark side.

Offline Free2NukeuTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga vs PC
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »
Well, first let me say sorry for making a post that obviously caused so much fuss, second while we went off topic in places the question I was originally asking was what would it take if the money was endless to make a super amiga? I was thinking that a motherboard with pci express or agp express would be a start, this would give the graphics a leap start, second a new processor, not an intel or an amd but something new, the amiga was good because it didnt depend on one huge processor to do all the work but instead shared the work load through various chips. add to that solid state hdds to keep size and sound and costs down and a nice new OS with inbuild touch screen technology support and its the foundation of a new amiga? no?